Monday, September 25, 2017

The Carnival is Over.......

Our lovely Spring Carnival finished this weekend... and we had some hot summer weather to prove it!  I spoke to a few gardeners and they get their gardens all lovely especially for the carnival and then left till the next year - obviously the mature perennials do stay in but it does seem sad they are in all their glory just for 2 weeks.... however, we are lucky enough to go and have a snoop....

On Saturday morning I went to the Embroiders show which they hold every 2 years - I have to say this was my outstanding event - the work is incredible..... unfortunately no photographs were allowed .... but the $5 price included a cup of tea and a plate to eat....

the little lemon tarts were just divine..... I should have paid another entrance fee and had more!! haha


Hubz and I then visited some more gardens.... mostly annuals and I'll just add these pretty pictures for you....




.. one of the public gardens was Boyce Gardens - open all the time and we have never been - lots of lovely huge trees and mature plants to see and lovely to see it so well maintained by USQ

We planted a protea like this - but we killed ours... must try again.... they are lovely picked as well as on the bush....



... all around town the azaleas are looking stunning (except in my dry garden!)




... another garden full with annuals and lovely little pieces of interest...




No machine sewing blocks were done last week ....

I have this little block done for the No-Fuss SAL


... and my cottage for Gardeners Journal took all week sewing in the evenings plus some Friday nights... that fence and roof took aaaaaagggggeeeesssss......


It's a lovely picture though - I will be choosing a nice little block next.

Righto, Gotto Go.... Monday is here ....  

Hope you all have a lovely week......

16 comments:

Barb said...

beautiful flowers.....I am hungry now...

Karen S said...

The gardens are so beautiful and I do wish I could have seen the embroiderer's display.
Good to see you stitching along.

Jane said...

hand stitching is a great way to end the day after all the fun of visiting

Anonymous said...

hi FIONA such lovely pics of the gardens,and your plate of food looks so yummy,lovely stitcherys,well done my friend xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such beautiful gardens....how lovely! I murdered my poor Protea too! What a treat....lemon tart and gorgeous embroidery! I'm about to start the cottage for GJ....yours is beautiful! Lovely stitching xx

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous gardens....specially like the protea, and I love the colours in the last garden pic! Lemon tart looks yummo, perhaps you can scrounge around for the recipe.

Doreen said...

Hello-o-o-o-o, Fiona! Your florals are gorgeous (as we head into Autumn with several straight days of 95/96F temps!!! Ugh!!)! The little plates are really a pretty presentation and a 2nd admittance $$ would have been well worth it...lol. I can appreciate the "tedious factor" in that last house stitchery, but oh so well worth it.....and LUV those trees!!!!!! Sending special "hugz" to you......

Maria said...

Morning tea does look yummy 😋.
Lots of pretty flowers 🌺 I also killed my Proteas ....no green thumb here.
Nice stitcheries ..

Raewyn said...

Lovely post Fiona, such beautiful spring colour. Good on you with your stitchery stitchings.... two more nice blocks :-)

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Very pretty stitchery blocks! I do wish I could have a pretty garden one day... I love the extra bits of interest in gardens too. Mmmm lemon tart.. you are making my mouth water! xx

Janet said...

The Gardener's Journal block is so cute. Lots of work in that one! When we were in Australia we went to a garden show and it was very interesting. Much more of a mix of flowers and vegies than yours though.

kiwikid said...

Thank you for the look at the beautiful gardens Fiona, nice spread you got! Your stitchery blocks are lovely and well worth the aaaaggggeeeesss it took to sew!!

Lin said...

Beautiful gardens Fiona. xx

Unknown said...

Lovely gardens and beautiful flowers, so much colour. Xcx

Jeanette said...

The gardens are beautiful. Makes my heart happy to see flowers blooming. Hugs, xx

Anthea said...

Hi Fiona
Oh those gardens look lovely - I love a great garden despite being a black-thumb myself.
Lovely stitcheries... definitely heaps of stitching for that cottage, but it's turned out so darn cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>