Friday, September 22, 2017

... and more......

Tuesday was a full day of looking at crafty/quilty things...  following what we saw in my previous post we went to the private home of Robyn Ginn, an extraordinary and prolific quilter..... I thought it was so generous to open her house to everyone.  

These next pictures are just a small selection of what we could see ....

how fun is this one full of happy faces....


there was lots of crazy patchwork quilts... amazing work on them....


I did enjoy these big bold flowers....


... even the veranda edging was covered with quilts....


.... almost all hand applique and hand quilting...


... the bunting made from doilies was fun....


another big bold design ....

I did love this one in reds, blues and white....


a huge one depicting the story of Moses - what a lot of detail - I could have spent hours looking at it.... and there was another similar one about Joseph and his coat of many colours...


... another favourite of mine.... so much detail in here....


this one was completely hand pieced to avoid stretching these diamonds cut on the bias.... 


Amazing, amazing.....   a very well worth visit....

Our last visit for the day was to Toowoomba Quilters show which displays work by their members...


There were of course lots of quilts - here are just a few ....

... loved the angles in this quilt - and the quilting....


I really want to get lots of this lovely blue shibori fabric.....



I know this one was done by Lyn Crump as we spoke to her about it (whilst I drooled with quilt envy at her work and her machine!)  I think it was my favourite on display there....



... how effective is this one with that busy fabric in the background and then striking NYB blocks....


... a proper size wedding ring quilt.... so pretty...


a big view of community quilts, challenge quilts, and teddies....


I fell in love with this mini.... done by Lyn Lloyd (I didn't get the names of the others (many apologies) but this one has it's tag nearby)


... effective use of rainbow scraps?


... and another scrap quilt....


... lots of very sweet teddy's....


.. this years challenge was a vase of flowers - everyone was given a 5" square of fabric which was to be used in the vase..... so many very clever ones...


... the detail on this one was amazing....


... it was my favourite - and it had won first place but there were no names on them...


This one was so interesting......


... look at all that hand stitching....


I was overwhelmed by the end of the day with all that I had seen..... and of course I want to do some of all of them.....

Well worth it and I am already looking forward to seeing what is coming up for next year...

Righto, Gotta Go..... 


19 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh so many beautiful quilts. Very nice if Robyn to open her home & show her gorgeous quilts. Hugs, xx

Jennifer said...

Oh wow - what gorgeous quilts! How generous of Robyn to have an open home, I remember her name and seeing her quilts in magazines ages ago, she published a book about them. I love the winning vase of flowers, isn't the border interesting?

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful quilt show, enjoyed seeing them. I think Noah's ark is my favorite.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

good morning my friend,wow lots of eye candy there,i can see that you had a wonderful day,thankyou for sharing xx

Susan said...

My word - I too am overwhelmed - so much to drool over. Thanks for all the pictures.

Karen S said...

You are so lucky to have these amazing displays near your. Thanks again for sharing the inspiration!

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I would love to have seen Robyn Ginn's work. In the early 90's I did a class with her and in fact the design we used was the little girl appliqué you can see on the bottom of one of your photos.

Jane said...

What a feast of quilts! So much to see and aspire to

Maria said...

OMGoodness... Sew many amazing quilts. Sew many talented folk...

Michelle Ridgway said...

How wonderful to see Robyns quilt at her home....I am a fan of her work. Throughly enjoyed tagging along cyberly with you.....beautiful!

kiwikid said...

Wow!! What a day for you! So many beautiful quilts and talented quilters, thank you for sharing!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Speaking of fancy quilting, I saw the quilting you did for a friend on her blog....very beautiful and must have taken months to do.
Mama Bear

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Absolutely amazing! Such beautiful quilts.. and cute teddies! Thanks for sharing, lots of eye candy for sure :) xx

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for those beautiful photos. Best regards from Andorra!!!

Raewyn said...

Wow - so much to inspire and drool over - did it all make you just want to get home and sew?!! Thanks for sharing all the photos :-)

Cheryll said...

Just what I imagine quilting heaven is like... xox

Helen said...

So many beautiful and interesting quilts, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Stunning! So many beautiful quilts and such lovely work. Very inspiring xcx

Chookyblue...... said...

so many gorgeous quilts......I am so staying for next year.........the blue and white one is beautiful......my fav of what you have shared also.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>