Saturday, September 26, 2026

Nearly the end of September


Hello, not much sewing done here but I did find a big project I finished a while ago and forgot about.

Eldest son's ride went well, it was lovely having him send the odd live video and a link to follow his route in real time.  Over 700 pounds raised I think.

Unfortunately a bad few weeks for little sister who has been back in hospital, now moved to Brisbane to sort out issues based on complications from the surgery.  It's been tough.

A few more rows have been added to the scarf, this is a good waiting project as I don't really need to concentrate too hard....



My table runner was finished a little while ago, I only just refound my photographs

I totally love it.....


This shows the fairly dense hand quilting I did....


The backing was left over from a previous quilt....


I am continuing with quilting my diamonds quilt when I get a chance.  It's all ruler work - not hard but fairly slow and I have just been finding the odd half hour to do it....


If I'm awake enough in the evenings I have been doing hand stitching for Christmas decorations.....I've always loved backstitch pictures.  I've been using variegated Valdani thread for these.


My pretty indoor orchid is blooming, we have 2 flowers so far and I love the pink blush ....there is 8 buds so I think we'll be enjoying these for a while.


Righto, Gotto Go..... houseworky stuff has not been done lately so there is a lot to catch up on.... we are not perfectionist housekeepers by any means but also don't like a total mess.


11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Shame about the houseworky stuff, I feel the same.....your table runner is lovely, worth every minute of stitching! Sending good thought to your daughter, it's a rocky road, isn't it.

Lin said...

Your runner is gorgeous! Something just so lovely about hand quilting - sets off your embroidery perfectly. xx

loulee said...

Lovely to see everything that has been happening. Stitching in the evenings is good, especially Christmas stitcheries, quick and easy.

Jeanette said...

The table runner is beautiful. Love it. Pretty orchid.

kiwikid said...

It is annoying when the houseworky stuff gets in the way of getting quilting etc done! The orchid is pretty, I have 4 in flower at present, all white. Lovely runner, enjoy your evening stitcheries.

Cheryll said...

It's been awhile between visits as life just gets in the way. Hope your sisters recovery progresses quickly.

Julie said...

Gosh Fiona - that table runner is just stunning. I love every single thing about it. Lots of lovely projects you are working on.
Sorry to hear of your daughters set back & hope it gets resolved soon. Its good to have some handwork to do when we worry over our kids & are awaiting news. Take care Fiona. xx

marina said...

your runner is such a work of art. All the embroidery is gorgeous. beautiful quilting happening and stitching.
such a pretty orchid. Well done getting it to reflower. I don't have much luck with this variety.
Hope Debs is doing better in Brisbane. x

Karen S said...

The table runner looks lovely. I like the way it came together. Great contrast between the embroidery and quilting. And very smart to have the scarf as a take along project.
Congrats to your son for his great money raising effort.
And best wishes to your daughter. It is hard when there are rough patches like this.
I hope you are okay, too.

Maria said...

Even a few rows on the scarf is progress.
The embroidered table runner is gorgeous.
Nice pattern with the quilting.
Pretty Orchid.
Hope there's better news for Deb.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congratulations to your son for his fine efforts and of course love to your brave girl. It's a hard road xx Your runner is beautiful and lovely quilting on your diamonds. Your Orchid is so pretty xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>