Saturday, August 1, 2026

.... and August begins

It's been a busy week with one thing and another...... and now we enter August....

The last 2 Tuesleydale / Wensleydale blocks have been done.... 1 have 60 and soon I'll plan how they go together... when my design wall is free.....


At the moment it has a Parliament of Owls all over it.... I made the 10 small owls earlier this week... I have included a large one so you can see the size difference....


Earlier this year I was given a roll of braid quilt Foundation Paper Piecing, so I have started that.  I cut up a partial Jelly Roll into the required size and will just continue until such time as I run out of pieces then decide on the sizes.  It is cumbersome and not the easiest way to do braids but of course it ends up straight and accurate and a good one for my social sewing days....


I wonder if you have seen Marina's snow globes.....  well I fell immediately in love with them and I happened to have the same preprinted panel as she is using so I asked if I could copy her idea.....  and so I have started stitching them (replacing the evening table runner stitching)  I am using a variegated Cottage Garden thread (which I had already) which makes it easy for me not to have to decide what colours go where....


Trail Mix is a big quilt and the largest I can fit on my frame .... I am slowly doing an all over design on it..... just love the scrappiness of this one....


This weekend I want to spend a couple of days quietly at home.....

Righto Gotto Go... that quilting is not going to do itself!!!




6 comments:

loulee said...

You've been busy, as you always do. I'm looking forward to seeing your blue Wensleydale. I do love the border on your trail mix, I'm looking forward to seeing it completed too.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Loving the all blues Wensleydale (Tuesleydale)...those owls are fabulous...is there a pattern or are they a Fiona original idea?

Karen S said...

Looks like you need several design walls. But our houses don't allow for that, do they!
It will be interesting to see how you go with the layouts for the W quilt and the owls.
Yes, Marina's snow globes are great fun. Good luck with yours.

Lin said...

Cute little embroideries. I do love those owls! The fabrics for the braid quilt are lovely too. xx

Maria said...

Can't wait to see the Blue Wensleydale together ..
The Parliament of Qwls are growing nicely.
Nice fabrics you're using for the braids.
Oh Marina's Snowballs are just so cute no wonder you wanted to make them.
Trail Mix was a fun quilt to make.

Chantal said...

You got a lot done! Now comes the fun part of choosing which block goes where in the layout for Wensleydale/Tuesleydale quilt. Such lovely fabric. Love the owls. I haven't seen these before and I'm in love. I need to get better at sewing curves. Trail Mix has been on my to-do like forever. I'm still saving some batiks for it so it is still alive in my head. Looking forward to seeing yours done. Enjoy! ;^)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>