Saturday, July 25, 2026

4th week of July


It has been a busy week with one thing and another but of course I still find time to play in my sewing room ....

The last two of the 'panels' have been done.... there is two identical pooh bear quilts.  These look like they are patched but it is the fabric.  I used a doona cover for the backings - nice and bright and can be reversible now.


Oh what fun with my Parliament of Owls..... once the curve sewing, pressing and trimming is done it is easy and fun making up owls.

I now have 10 small owls to make.....   I looooove them!


... and I have a gorgeous finish
 
Wings and Pretty Things was designed by bestie Michelle (see hers HERE) and we sewed it sortof together with Lin(see hers HERE)


I did do custom quilting....


I love the detail Michelle included (even if I am not a giant fan of EPP)


I loooooove it.....


I did purchase a pretty skein of yarn at the Jazz and Jumpers festival.  I have to say this is the most expensive ball of wool I have bought but it is hand dyed Marino wool and I will make a Simple Variations Shawl as made by Janice.... (thanks for the link)  I looooove it ... (see one Janice recently made HERE)


and woohoo I completed this final corner of my Table runner..... I am now going around the edge in a chain stitch as seen in the bottom of this.....  I loooove it....



Just one more picture ..... it's worth it....


So a lot to love this week......

Righto, Gotto Go.... cooler weather has arrived and the fire needs stoking and the soup needs heating....

Have a lovely rest of the weekend.....x



11 comments:

Narelle said...

Your Wing quilt is stunning Fiona.
The owls are too cute.
You've been busy with beautiful projects as always.
Enjoy the last week of July ... I look forward to seeing what you create xx

Julie said...

A great line up this week Fiona. Absolutely LOVE wings & pretty things quilt ... your parliament of Owls looks so much fun. And that new yarn is such a gorgeous colour. xx

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous quilt - a beautiful finish, Fiona. Oooh, I love that yarn too....isn't 'being nearly finished' a good feeling, nearly as good as finished! Do you plan to back the runner?

Janice said...

What a busy week. The quilting finished off Wings and Pretty Things nicely. Now you will have to get together with Michelle to show it off. As soon as I saw that wool I thought it would make a pretty scarf. Have fun with it. It won’t take long to make.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful post Fiona, so many great things, Love your Wings, it looks fantastic! The Owls are super cute too. Still enjoying seeing your embroidery...have fun with that wool.

Lin said...

Your Wings is gorgeous Fiona, lovely quilting. Congratulations. Oh my, I do loooove your owls!! How big are the blocks? Gorgeous yarn and the tablecloth is beautiful - do we get a full size pic next week?

Maria said...

Cute Pooh Bear finishes with great backings.
Beautiful finish of Wings and Pretty Things.
Yes the Owls are so cute.
The embroidery on the corner of the table runner is lovely.

loulee said...

Lovely to see everything that has been happening. Winnie the Pooh looks great and they will keep someone very happy and warm. I love those owls. July is nearly over!

Karen S said...

Wings and Pretty Things is gorgeous. Lovely work with your quilting to finish it off perfectly. So much work and a lovely finish.
Great to get all those panels done, too. Great backing!!
Your owls look like a lot of fun and are very colourful.
That wool does look gorgeous. I can see why you were tempted.

Susan said...

Your wings quilt looks lovely - great quilting on it of course. Wool can be so pricey can't it? but it will be a lovely scarf...and you will get enough opportunities to wear it.
I've really enjoyed watching your embroidery grow - its pretty intensive!

I decided to read the latest posts and go backwards....I really need to spend more time on blogs and less on that other social media rubbish!

marina said...

well done on your beautiful finishes!! Your embroidery is stunning and your Wings quilt is so beautiful.
Love those owl blocks! will they have eyes?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>