Sunday, October 22, 2023

FNSI October


Wendy hosted FNSI this week - a fair bit of activity on the FB page during the evening....

I started in the morning looking at my Convergence quilt... 

I popped over to The Quilters Angel as I needed the sticky paper stuff ..... then got to playing.....


... and this is what I have ended up with.......


- it's pinned and ready for quilting now...... I am happy with it.... (the silhouettes are from a different pattern - I just enlarge the bottle tree)....  'Straya Sunset .....
In the evening I carried on with some hand sewing.... gosh this one is going to take me decades!!!!

this is where I was at the start of the evening.....


I finished off those green leaves and have started on the orange flower....


Yesterday I went to Community Quilting at club..... and started sewing up blocks for a quilt made from donated fabric....  I had previously cut it all so it was just a matter of sit and sew the edges....

When I came home I spread them up on the design wall and I hope to get the sashing and borders on today



Righto, Gotto Go..... 

Enjoy your Sunday......



11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your convergence quilt is gorgeous, love the fabrics you used and how you laid it out, really stunning.
I am doing a bit more quilting now, so hoping to finish a few before Christmas.

Debbie

Narelle said...

Wow, you have been busy!
Your 'convergence' quilt is stunning ... love it!

Jennifer said...

Convergence quilt has turned out so well.....it makes a great background to your applique! My goodness - it would take me several years to even trace that embroidery design, let alone stitch it. It will be lovely when it's done, just keep your eyes on the prize!

Cheryll said...

It's been awhile between visits... but I LoVe the convergence quilt.
The embroidery design will be gorgeous once completed I'm sure... :)

loulee said...

Convergance is stunning. I love the scrappy quilt too, great for eye spy. Your stitching is always lovely.

Lin said...

You made good progress with your embroidery. The silhouettes are a great addition, such a lovely piece for you to work your magic on. The dark sashing is really going to show off those lovely fabrics. xx

Janice said...

What a great way to enhance the convergence block. Yes, that is a rather detailed embroidery you have started on. It will be gorgeous. Have fun with the set out of the quilt.

Chantal said...

WOW! Your convergence quilt is a stunner! LOVE it! I love the finishing border. It deserves a ribbon. Seriously! I agree with you. This embroidery project will take forever... but it will look good forever after! Enjoy! ;^)

kiwikid said...

Your Convergence is stunning! That embroidery project looks great too. Does it matter if it takes a while? Great blocks for your new quilt.

Kathleen said...

I’m usually not fond of convergence quilts but I love yours with the added silhouettes!

Maria said...

Love the way you put the silhouettes on your convergence quilt.
Pretty leaves 🍃 so worth the time it took to stitch.
Great way you put the blocks together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>