Friday, October 20, 2023

3rd week of October


Good morning.... I hope you have had a good week....

Some more Sashiko style blocks have been stitched here.....  I am enjoying them so much - the marking of grids not so much - funny how something like that really gets inside my head and it takes me ages to work out where the lines go (even when I have already done it a few times!)


I finished up this sweet Christmas wallhanging.... the borders were added and I have done a little decorative hand quilting around the edge of the cream and on the red....


On Tuesday at Quilt club one of the members ran through doing a Convergence Quilt (Ricky Timms) - this is my effort which I want to still to work on

It is a fun method and now I have a better idea of how it all happens I wouldn't mind trying a quilt using 4 blocks the same....


Machine sewing day here with friends resulted in some of the tops of my trees for The Avenue being done....

I was happy to see my dodgy curved seams are not very noticeable once the sides are added....


Now I have 24 tree trunks to hand applique on.....


I did a couple more KOGO blocks this week - a friend who is an excellent crocheter helped sort out why my blocks are turning into windmills..... my new pattern (on the left) is a better square so that is what I will do now.....


I have also been making a few microwave bowl cosies for gifts..... they are easy but a bit of a process so I do a bit... then get distracted and go back and do more... etc etc....


Righto Gotto Go..... I have grid lines to trace, quilting to mark up, bowl cosies to sew...... tonight is FNSI and I will do a bit more on my embroidered table runner....

Have a lovely lovely weekend.....xx


8 comments:

Chantal said...

You had a busy week. Good job on the Sashiko. Cute Christmas wall hanging. For yourself or is it a gift for the One Gift a Month Challenge? Love your trees.
Looking forward to seeing this one grow. Enjoy! ;^)

Karen S said...

Lots happening with your projects. Lovely to see the sashiko.
That is a delightful Christmas hanging.
And good luck with all the Christmas gift bowls.
I am excited to see your Avenue trees coming together. I can't see any problems with the curves!They look great.

Karen's Korner said...

Lovely Christmas wall hanging. Those trees look very good to me. When making those bowl cosies I always "production line" them. As you say there is a lot of steps in them.

Lin said...

Nice finish on the Christmas hanging. I bought a Ricky Timms book at a book sale some years ago but have never got round to doing one. His quilts are stunning. xx

Jennifer said...

Your Sashiko is a bit like blackwork, isn't it? Those tree trunks could be appliqued by machine.....that's what I would be doing! Convergence looks interesting.

Julie said...

Such a lovely line up Fiona. I would like to do a pouch style bag with some sashiko on it - I dreamt about it last night 😉 Love those trees - very primitive style & just so lovely! Gosh those microwave bowl holders look most interesting. What a great gift idea. Have a lovely & creative weekend x0x

loulee said...

You've had a very productive week.

Ondrea said...

Were you adding too many chain spaces? Curious. Loving the Sashiko. The trees are lovely. Fun to try new techniques and your Ricky design is looking good. Lots of crafty things happening there as always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>