Friday, July 14, 2023

2nd week of July

This week seems to have been crazy busy...

I finished off this sweet hanging.  Marina sent me the pattern some time ago.  It is a Kathy Schmidst design and now I'm looking forward to hanging this one up later this year!


.... and hooray the pies are all together.....  now I need to applique all the little tarts in between where the background blocks meet....

I will add a border I think - still considering what I should do.....


This week at sew day here... I sewed my red house (RSC colour is red this month)


... and made my red QAYG block (still to be quilted as you can see)


At sew time in the evenings I self framed these Field Journal stitcheries.... I'm just loving them....


My other red project did get started on Sew Day here but I had to finish them yesterday..... 21 little red buttons - I do love these ..... very cute but don't use up much of my scraps!!


So that's some of my monthly things done.... I am so enjoying some of these projects that I really don't want to put them down - but there are others I am so enjoying too!  lovely problem to have isn't it?

Righto, Gotto Go..... it is FNSI time and I'm actually meeting up with some girls to sew and chat and eat cake 

I do hope you have a lovely lovely weekend....




16 comments:

Lin said...

Santa looks great as do your pies. Nice work on your reds. Your FJ hexies are looking so lovely. xx

Jane said...

The pies have come together well. Looking forward to seeing the next stage

Maria said...

So good to have your Christmas wall hanging ready to hang this year.
Well done getting all the Pies together too as well as your reds for RSC.
Love your hexie Field Journal blocks..
How good to be enjoying FNSI with your friends ,chatting and eating cake 🧁

Pink Rose said...

Once again lots of of beautiful work,well done Fiona 🌹🤍🌹

Jennifer said...

Lots of fun stitching there, Fiona....love your Field Journal embroideries.

Jeanna said...

I love all of your blocks, Fiona. Your embroidery stitches are stunning! Enjoy your FNSI and weekend ahead.

Jeanette said...

Love Santa & the pies look lovely. The buttons, house & qayg block all look good. FG is gorgeous.

Julie said...

Just love that Santa & Snowman wallhanging Fiona .. how lovely & different it is. Your field journals look so pretty. Enjoy the weekend. xx

Barwitzki said...

It's great that you've already finished the first one for Christmas... that's really good :-)) Or. Wonderfully done. Congratulations.
The cakes are amazing... keep up the good work with your projects... you have a lot going on. Good this way.
Happy greetings from Viola

Susan said...

Sewing chatting & cake-eating will certainly be a great FNSI!!

Lovely work - the pies are looking great. I agree & do think it needs a border . . . red??

Karen's Korner said...

You have been very busy "baking" pies and "building" houses. Gorgeous hexies and pretty button collection.

Ondrea said...

All the projects are gorgeous! Can you send your elves to help me please? I am sure you have some.

Raewyn said...

Lots of lovely projects, Fiona. I love the Santa hanging - the flower on his hat is a great touch. I am (still) behind on my Williams St blocks - they were a July goal - hmmm. Love your button blocks, and of course your Pies and of course your FJ hexagons. Great sewing!!!!

Karen S said...

Santa is delightful. Christmas will get here quickly.
And the pies are together!! Wow!! Looking good.
I like all the red blocks. They grow quickly.
The field journal blocks look so good!!

Janice said...

It is a lovely problem to have so many projects on the go that you enjoy. I do like you Christmas hanger and how good to get all the pies made. Field Journal is looking gorgeous and your red blocks have turned out well.

Chookyblue...... said...

those flowers are so delicate.....congrats on the pies and tart quilt..lots of work to go but big achievement..........

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>