Friday, December 16, 2022

So this is Christmas.....


the Christmas wallhanging quilts are up...

Holly Cottage is at the front entrance


This was designed by Michelle and I ran a stitch-a-long for it some years ago...


I did mine in needleturn applique - the colours are not as bright as they show in the pictures... I used a range by Annie Downs


This  was a fun one to do - raw edge applique and free motion quilting for some of the 'embroidery'


Another Stitch-a-long hosted by Chooky some years ago... I mostly used my Christmas scraps..


I had a lot of fun with North Pole - quirky Christmas houses....


We found some branches off trees and stuck them in a hat rack to make our tree..... It has all my precious hand made ornaments on it... (already drooping so not sure it will last for the big day!)


New ones have been added this year.....

A wreath from Shez.


A gingie from Maria,


This lovely card from Michelle,


... and this sweet hexagon from Jeanette,


I haven't sent all of mine off (except overseas) - tut tut - and made very simple this year since I was away and not organised.  I am just unable to plan for Christmas too early!

Well I hope you are all enduring this season well and happy and healthy.... there is reason to celebrate, generosity to share, also compassion needed and love to abound....  For a number of reasons Christmas can be a tough time for lots of people.  xx

I am trying to put together a play list of Christmas songs... any favourites to add????

Righto, Gotto Go.... that coffee won't pour itself....


15 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Merry Xmas my friend and wishing you a happy and safe New Year ,sending lots of love and hope we can catch up soon my friend 🤍🎄🤍

Janice said...

A lovely collection of hand made Christmas. So much nicer than commercial.

Lin said...

What a lovely collection of Christmas quilts you have - difficult to choose a favourite as they are all so different. Nice to receive new ornaments each year too. Just wish I could find my decorations - still looking very bare here. xx

Jennifer said...

Your house looks very festive, Fiona! Christmas songs......how about "I want a ukulele for Christmas"? lol

Chantal said...

A lovely parade of Christmassy quilts you did in your post. Love it. I remember North Pole Quilt when you were working on it. So many little details make it a fun one to look at. I think your Christmas tree is lovely but it looks like it's in trouble already. You might have to find another one before the big day. You received some lovely pressies from your talented friends. Enjoy! ;^)

Kathleen said...

Is your North Pole quilt hand appliquéd? Is it by Piece O Cake? I have that pattern, collected fabrics and need to start it. Yours is lovely

Julie said...

I love all your quilts Fiona but those first two are just stunning! Your tree looks wonderful & I hope it lasts the distance. Christmas songs .... my sons & I love Fairytale of New York by The Pogues .. but some may not enjoy it. I just love that sort of Irish blues. xx

Karen's Korner said...

Your house is looking very pretty and festive. Love the hat rack tree...very original idea.

Deb said...

wow love the display of christmas quilts and orni's
I agree the holidays affect many persons in different ways I am not much for holidays but love the aftermath when everyone regroups and goes back to normal
have a great holiday!

WoolenSails said...

Your quilts look beautiful and a wonderful way to decorate for Christmas. I finally have a couple that I have out this year and hoping to make more for next year. Love your tree, so unique and different than a pine tree. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie

Ondrea said...

Lovely Christmas quilts on display. Lol, I still haven't made Michelle's or completed a gigantic free one from Red Brolly. The North Pole one is my favourite. Have a lovely Christmas.

Susie H said...

Sweet holiday gifts from sweet friends. Your home looks festive with the beautiful wall hangings. Merry Christmas!

Terry said...

Great Christmas quilts...those houses are really cute! And I love your tree! :0)

Maria said...

I enjoy putting my Christmas wall hangings/quilts up each year and it's fun to hang all the special ornies mad by friends...
Enjoy your Christmas my friend.

Christine M said...

Gorgeous Christmas quilts. I have my blogging friends Christmas tree up with all the ornaments I have received over the years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>