Thursday, March 12, 2020

Where did the time go?


This last week has disappeared..... weather has cooled and it is really great to want to have a quilt on at night again....

The binding for postcards is finished … and it is labelled (I am not a good labeller but this is a gift one)

I sewed this with the No Fuss Stitch-a-long and I just love it.... I used flannels (front and back) for mine and it's lovely and warm....


A loose meander for quilting...…  YAY for a UFO finish


On Monday Hubz had business in Brisbane and dropped me off to have a playdate with Michelle, it's been a long time in betwixt playdates.



Michelle spoilt me with gifts.... a lovely covered coathanger and beautiful liberty fabric as well as some pretty silicone cream holders and of course one of her very special hand made cards (which will go in a frame) 


I also got a ginormous bag of I spy fabrics... no escuse for not getting on and making it now!


There was also a rail for hanging quilts.... I need to get that up and find a good size quilt to go in it...

Being a road trip passenger I got another blue penguin jumper finished and the next one started.  


with the cooler weather I pulled out a bag of wool that I had been gifted …. to find this label on it.... I guess it has been languishing a while.  I am going to use up these masculine colours and crochet squares to make Hubz a rug.. they are nice for on laps in winter....


Another pretty Field Journal picture has been stitched....


… but now I have put them away (very hard to do that) to work on this UFO stitchery.  All that there had been done a few years ago... preprinted stitchery designed by the late Rosalie Dekker.  It was a set for a quilt but I have been making individual items


I took it to sew at a friends house... but her cat was having none of it! I am allergic to cats (not badly just get itchy sneezy) so lucky I had some antihistamines in my bag... she was too sweet to ignore!


Big win this week!


In this fast paced world we live in... how is it that TP is a win??? hahaha...

A belated birthday present of these very pretty flowers have brightened up my home.


Righto, Gotto Go.... the morning light has risen and there is coffee to be drunk.....



14 comments:

Chantal said...

Those flowers are so beautiful!! And the bouquet is beautiful too. :^D
Love, love, love your postcard quilt. Congratulation on this warm finish! Glad to got your hands on some TP. Will 2020 be remembered this way? lol. ;^)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your Postcards is beeeutiful! So is your Field Journal block. It was so lovely spending time with you...Thanks to your wonderful chauffeur! Funny how animals love to be apart of what you are working on. Lol! Very pretty blooms too xx

Louise said...

Congrats on finishing your Postcards! Such a great design, and it must be wonderful in all those cozy flannels. Good for you for sticking with getting those older UFOs finished, too! Have a great week, Fiona :)

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

These cooler evenings are so lovely - I wonder if this is actually an end to summer or just mother nature being tricky. Your postcards quilt is truly stunning and yay for quilty friend get togethers xx

Jennifer said...

Well done on the toilet paper - definitely the highlight of the week! *grin* Such lovely flowers, they are really gorgeous. And congratulations on a finish!

Maria said...

A Very cuddles finish with a label and all. I'm like you and not good at labelling....
You're working on some lovely blocks..
Nice to visit Michelle while hubby's on business and you came home with some great gifts..
Beautiful flowers !

Lin said...

Postcards looks lovely and greaqt gifts from Michelle. Lovely to spend the day together. The Field Journal block is very pretty and gorgeous birthday flowers. xx

Allie said...

Love the postcards - so pretty! And how nice to get to visit Michelle. I can see why you're framing that card, just beautiful!!! Congrats on the tp, lol - can't buy any here for love or money. Insane.

Karen's Korner said...

Your postcards have come together beautifully. What a fun day you two gals had.

Janice said...

Postcards turned out beautifully. It will be nice to snuggle under, being flannel. Wasn’t Michelle a lovely friend with all those gift. Have fun with your wool. I think I can find older in my stash if I go looking. At least it doesn’t go off.

Karen S said...

Great to see the postcard quilt finished. And it looks wonderful. Such a lot of work involved in that one. Hope you celebrated the finish.
Very special to get a day with Michelle as well. What a bonus.
Good luck with your stitching plans. And well done on the TP win. Still waiting here!

Raewyn said...

Oh I love your finished postcard quilt Fiona - it's beautiful. can just imagine how cosy it is with flannels front and back. How lucky you got to spend the time with Michelle!

Susan said...

Yay for your road trip quilt!
you have had a fun time.

kiwikid said...

Your Postcards quilt is beautiful, well done with the label. Lovely flowers delivered and stitched. Wonderful to spend time with Michelle, I bet you had a fun day. Always good to have knitting for the car.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>