Friday, July 5, 2019

Done and dusted....


Thanks for the well wishes.... surgery went off fine and I got back home the same day (which is what I specially wanted).

I had my gall bladder removed as I had been having terrible pains with stones rockin' and rollin' inside of me...

It's a common operation I know, I have been lucky with good health - it was my first need for hospital in Australia and we have been here since 2002.

Luckily I managed ChooseDay sewing before...

I made up these two blocks for Les Courtiers.... (9" blocks)


and then lots of stitching, slicing, stitching and sizing up for these pinwheels.....  there are a bunch of loose ones too... (3" blocks)


For a long time I have been wanting to make a sewing machine cover so finally made a start.  The Quilters Angel have some of this gorgeous machine fabric in and a pattern which can be adapted to the size of the machine.... 


I have had that stitchery done for years so am using it as a focal point....  still lots to do on that project ...

Anyway, back at home and having to take it fairly quietly ....  I did get on and do a fair bit of the crochet blanket.... such a lovely thing to do not requiring too much thought …. 


… and I did work on making the heel for my socks when I needed a bit of time not thinking about my tummy.... 


Righto, Gotto Go... think I'll have my little walk around before some more crochet....



21 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

So glad it all went well and you are on the mend. Great Chooseday progress and your crocheting is beautiful. Rest up and hugs xxx

Susan said...

So glad you are "all fixed" and hopefully no more tummy issues!
Congratulations on 40 yeses!!! OMgosh...always lovely to get new jewelry.

Jane said...

Glad it went well and you are back home to recover, always so much nicer. Don't overdo things and enjoy your gentle crafts

Jennifer said...

Take it easy, Fiona......it's the best way to recover! I prescribe a little gentle stitching for any discomfort.

marina said...

Lots of triangles!
Your machine cover is going to be so lovely.
Some gentle crochet will not be too tiring while you recover.
Speedy recovery x

Tarnyia said...

So glad your op went well and your home to recover... take care don't over do it, rest and small steps for a few day... love the crochet, beautiful colours... whats the pattern called?
sending healing hugs xxx

Lin said...

So pleased that all went well - and that you are making the most of your recuperation time! xx

Cheryll said...

Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery...
Rest up and feel like your old self quickly...xox

WoolenSails said...

I am glad to here that everything went well. Hand projects are great when you are recuperating, beautiful yarn shades.

Debbie

Karen's Korner said...

Sending you speedy get well wishes and you have plenty of projects to keep you company while resting.

KaHolly said...

Good to hear all went well! You’ll be back on your feet in no time. I’ll be thinking of you as you rest up and recover.

Louise said...

I'm glad you had a successful surgery! Now is the leisurely climb back to having all your strength and energy. Relax and let the Hubs wait on you hand and foot. I love the colors in your crochet piece, and that sewing machine stitchery is perfect for the cover. So fun!

Maria said...

Just catching up on blog reading, so pleased you are home and alls well and you are on the mend. rest and take it easy ..🤗 enjoy the yarn projects..
Great you got to have ChooseDay with your friends and work on Les Courtiers blocks.
Sewing machine cover will be lovely .

Janice said...

I’m glad surgery went well and you are taking it easy with recovery. Crochet sounds like the perfect way to be productive but not strenuous. Take care.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad all went well with your surgery and wish you a speedy recovery! That sewing machine quilt is fabulous!

kiwikid said...

So good to hear surgery went well, a bit of time with your crochet is the best way to recover. You have made some beautiful blocks there.

DbrhH. said...

Love the sock colour.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona I have been commenting using my phone and have just discovered that for some reason it doesn't work.
Hope you are feeling heaps better now,you have been doing some beautiful work,well done my friend,take care,sending you heaps of love and hugs xx

Joy McD said...

Glad it all went well and you’re back in your sewing room 😀xx

Raewyn said...

Pleased to hear your op went well and you're mobile and recuperating well. Love what you've been doing. A couple of machine covers have been on my to-do list for a while too... has your Sw16 got one? Your crochet and socks are looking great. Oh and your blocks too of course!

Allie said...

Oh goodness Fiona, I'm so glad you're ok and that it's over - just think, it'll never bother you again, yay! Take your time recovering, it looks like you have lots of pretty things to keep you going!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>