Wednesday, March 14, 2018

sewing ....

I've been having a lovely social time with family and friends lately .... good fun....

I have also been doing some sewing though!

All the blocks went together for this top at my last 'ChooseDay" girls catch up.... there is still a thin border to add in the grey and the binding will be grey too....


And I have cut up my Anthology left overs and added some backing fabric.... I am making flying geese here.... I am always surprised at just how far left overs go and I think there will be a lot of geese for my backing.... 


This wall quilt has been waiting for ages to be finished... it is an old UFO and I quilted it some time ago... it just needed a hanging sleeve and binding to be sewn down.  With a bit of cooler weather last week I finally did it.....


 I had a bit of play with the quilting....



... the pictures are very sweet... panels are great for a bit of practice FMQ ....



Dutch Treat blocks continue to be done..... 


.. .and the circles don't take too long once I have them prepped and ready to go..... they are a lovely pick up mindless project to do.  I do find some of the batik fabrics harder to sew... some seem to have a much tighter weave than others and I guess the dying process affects it... 


Righto, Gotto Go.... now I finished that panel I need to sort out another UFO to finish off ....


12 comments:

Maria said...

It's amazing how much you have done .. it's always great to use up as much of your fabrics as you can. Goodto not add to the stash...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Fantastic finish on your Japanese fabric showcase quilt. You have really been on a roll there...love the circles and after seeing the Dutch Treat in real life.....incredible!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your quilt .

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Fiona i so enjoyed seeing these beautiful pics,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Jennifer said...

Well done, you have had a productive few days!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You've been a busy lady.

Janice said...

Your latest quilt looks great. Quite different to your usual stye. It must be nice to tick off an old UFO and continue to make good progress on your other projects.

Louise said...

Panels are fun, aren't they? So many cute one out there, and they do make great pieces to try some new FMQ techniques. Just outlining the designs is good for trying to keep all the stitches the same length for me. I really love that top you've just finished! Is that a specific pattern, or did you just choose the sizes of squares and rectangles on the fly?

Lin said...

Your wall quilt is so pretty, great quilting. Your finished top is looking good and the flying geese will make for interest on your backing. xx

Karen S said...

How have you managed to fit in any stitching with all the socializing that has been happening!!

Chookyblue...... said...

industrious as ever.......love the Japanese one.....well done.......

Jane said...

you have been so busy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>