Monday, November 25, 2013

Woohoo... one month till the man in the red suit arrives.....

... so we all need to pick up and start making sure those preparations are all done...

DD2 put in an 'order' for some of those little decorations (paid with cuddles!!) so I am working today on getting my stock up again....


 This time I have done white and also some soft blue with Christmas writing on for a bit of a change...


I'll finish cutting them all out tonight in front of the TV ........

It also starts to be Christmas party time and tommorrow is the quilters party so I have prepared some mini plum puddings



I found how to do them HERE a couple of years ago ..... they are very easy and very messy (but fun!) to make and orange juice could be substituted for brandy (I used rum because that is all I had!)

Because I have a mind like a sieve I like to use el cheepo plastic plates... I have covered it with foil and added some clean lace fabric to party it up a bit.... (it is after all supposed to be a classy affair!)



Sweet to look at, sweet to eat... and a good dollop of booze is just a bonus....

Narelle is hosting One Christmas Item a Month and you can always pop over HERE to see what people have made through the year if you want some inspiration....

Oh... I also worked on some redecorating this weekend....

I have lovely pictures of my grandchildren and I love to add a Christmas flavour to this scene since we are not together at Christmas...



... what do you think? .....


... we are ready for Christmas....

.... I made up the tags... this one creates lovely thoughts....



Righto, Gotto Go, I think I'll have mini pudding for lunch....

25 comments:

Susan said...

I think you could offer irresistible retreat packages to your house......mini pudding, wine and Christmas stitching....sounds perfect!

Anonymous said...

lol you are a crackup Fiona,i so enjoy reading your posts,have fun tomorrow.xx

Melody said...

I'm with Susan , lots of treats at your place.

Christine M said...

The blue fabric is so pretty Fiona. Your mini plum puddings look yummy. Even though I don't like plum pudding, I love the look of them. I've made some before using chocolate royals! Have fun at your party.

Susan said...

Thats nearly as good as your earlier Advent calendar...the puddings look lovely...mmmm very hungry now....

Cardygirl said...

The puddings look yummy! Love the stockings too.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Those wee stockings are just gorgeous. I love the little puds too. Have fun at your party. I think jingle bells will be our fav Chrissy tune this year lol!!!

Cheryll said...

I second what Susan wrote... yep count me in! lol...
Nice touch to the family display! ")

Jeanette said...

I agree with Susan. :). Hugs, xx

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

so basically we are all coming to your place for Xmas day!

lovely lot of goodies in your post today!

enjoy tomorrow!

Wendy said...

Your little decorations are lovely and the sweet treats are a great idea! And the photos of your grandkids is such a nice idea, hugs Wendy

Jennifer said...

There is an easier version of those little puddings, too.....just crumbled dark fruit cake and sherry (or orange juice, or brandy, or whatever), that's it. Roll into balls, top with melted white chocolate or white icing and red and green jellies.

Susie said...

Love the tag! The plum puddings look wonderful but I am not a fan of them I'm afraid. Enjoy.

Cheryl said...

Those puddings look divine Fiona. And love your gorgeous stockings

KaHolly said...

You are just so delightful!! And, I'm absolutely loving those stockings!!

Mistea said...

So there'll be no operating machinery during your Christmas Season? You may just be over the limit!

Gorgeous little stockings, you sure look like you're ready for the festivities.
Enjoy celebrating with friends.

Chrissie said...

Yummy puddings, bet they won't last long! Love the pretty stockings too, I like making things for hugs and cuddles, very worth while

Maria said...

Sew many cute stockings and those wee plum puddings look delicious..
Have a great time at your party.

Marilyn said...

Yes, you have the touch there with your version of "the" bottles. Yummy little puddings - have a wonderful time at your party. Those little stockings are so cute.
Hugs xx

Googy Girl said...

I m coming over for FMQ lessons, perfect place for a retreat . . . Puddings....wine

When's the retreat . . .lol

Sheila said...

You are having such fun with your FMQ , love the stockings and oh those tarts sure do look yummy . Hope you have fun at the party and as always thanks for the smile :-) hugs Sheila

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic post.....love the look of those puddings....and the stocking...have fun tomorrow, remember lots of photos...

Sisbabestitches said...

Loving your special stockings :) That blue fabric is just gorgeous! Sounds like a great advent activity, pud and a er sip ;) Have fun at your party :)

Karen said...

Lots more of those gorgeous stockings!! Beautiful in blue.
Love the puddings, too.
Sure, you kept saying the advent calendar was a joke but now it looks like it is for real!!! I think there are some bottle missing already!! Great fun!

Narelle said...

oh yum! and bother! Now my tummy is rum-bling :o)
Thank you for being a 1 Xmas Item Elf through the year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>