Saturday, June 29, 2024

End of June


Once again I have no idea where the last month disappeared to.... I feel like I'm in some kind of time warp....

Eye test done.... new glasses needed (thank goodness for EOFY sales!) Skin test done - horrible cream treatment needed over the face!  Never mind the house renovations needed - it's a body renovation which is more urgent!!

When I'm at home I spend most of my time doing some quilting on the frame and then a bit of machine sewing when I need a sit down break.... Hand sewing/crochet is almost exclusively at night except on Tuesdays and some Thursdays when I am sewing with friends at club.  Some quilting on the frame takes a few weeks and other times it is done in a day. 

Embroidery Guild on Saturday saw two more Field Journal Hexagons sewn.....



Machine sewing time got me to work on this months chosen UFO - which was buttons I made last year for the rainbow scrap challenge ....


The button blocks are 3 1/2" finished... so it's pretty cute (well I love it a lot)

I had two spare buttons so I have bordered them and will make them up into coasters, or pincushions ..... 


I found a doona cover (new from the Swedish shop) that I think I will back it with .... lap quilt size

It's gone in a box to wait it's turn....


Tuesday was Quilt Group day at a friends house and 3 more Field Journals got sewn together....


That's all the embroidery hexagons done....


... next is a bunch of non embroidered framed hexagons to join it all together...


Embroidery Guild on Thursday I took my Sashiko style blocks and got these done....


I have rather neglected this project so hopefully will focus on it more this month....

The KOGO baby blanket is done so I will post this off next week.....

It's about 1m x 1.2 and I think it feels lovely... 
(the stripes are navy blue)


I really love my buttons!!!


Righto, Gotto Go.....

45th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow - we might go out for a pub meal ...... 

Have a lovely weekend......



11 comments:

kiwikid said...

Congratulations and a very happy anniversary to you both!
Your buttons look wonderful as do the field journal hexies. Love the butterfly fabric for your backing. You are right, time is zipping by far too quicky.

Maria said...

A very Happy 45th Anniversary to you both.🥂.
I also love your cute button quilt…
Can’t wait to see all those FJ hexies together into a quilt.
Nice cuddley crochet blanket.
Oh I had that face cream a few years ago. Hope yours wasn’t as painful as mine was!

Janice said...

Happy anniversary to you both. Enjoy dinner. How good to be getting closer to the finish line on Field Journal. Yes, the buttons are cute. I reckon you won’t be able to wait too long to get it quilted.

Jane said...

Happy anniversary to you both, enjoy your meal

Lin said...

Yes, your buttons do look great! Lots going on. You have done well to get all those hexagons framed up, so looking forward to seeing them all put together. Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a lovely lunch. xx

Karen S said...

Congrats on your anniversary. very impressive.
You have been busy. Hope all goes well with the face cream.
I agree, the buttons look lovely!

Jennifer said...

Happy 45th anniversary....45 years is sapphire! Cute little buttons, and Field Journal is coming along beautifully.

Kathleen said...

Love your button quilt! And your embroidery. But then again, I like most everything you create. 😀

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary Fiona. That is wonderful. I love your buttons too!!!
They are so cheerful looking. My friend has just had to do that "yucky face cream applicaton thingy" too ... she said it was not pleasant. Take care - the body renovations are just as important as the home ones. x0x

marina said...

those field journal hexies are just so beautiful, I love seeing them pop up, bit sad that this is the end of them. I am excited though to see them all together in a top.
your button top is gorgeous and dare I say as cute as a button lol, and I love the backing doona cover.
A very happy anniversary to you both. What a fantastic milestone!!

Barwitzki said...

The top with the buttons is great and the back with the butterflies and other winged animals in black and white are great for it... it will be a wonderful quilt.
Happy wedding anniversary. Cheers to you.
Kind regards from Viola

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>