Friday, June 14, 2024

Second Week of June....

A busy but enjoyable week....

I had 4 full days at home.... and they were cold and windy so of course the most sensible thing was to sit inside and sew....

My neighbour has had a little winter baby girl so I pulled out my flannel fabric and made a couple of little quilts .... not pieced but flannel both sides, quilted and bound .....




Tuesday girls saw me sewing a couple more Field Journal hexagons....


The pile of sets is slowly coming down....


and a couple of Sashiko style blocks were done..... I'm at 50/365!! A way to go still!


Wednesday I had machine sewing here at our house, fire was lit and kettle boiled all day!

I continued with blanket stitching these Blessing blocks.... some of them are completed with that part and now I just need to hand stitch eyes and faces etc...


Marina has once again distracted me.... and I have started this scarf - a fun new crochet design for me using up some 4 ply sock wool


I am continuing with a few rows of the baby blanket but it's nothing new to see....

Righto, Gotto Go - I have kept my little machine (that does blanket stitch) out so I can do a bit more of that over the next few days .....


13 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's an interesting crochet design! Field journal will be done before you know it.

Jeanette said...

Lovely projects. FJ is looking great. Love the colours in the scarf.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely projects coming out of your sewing space this week Fiona. Love those cuddlies for the new baby. Gosh those blessing blocks are such gorgeous colours! xx

Lin said...

Pretty fabrics for those little quilts. Nice work on your FJ and Sashiko. xx

Karen S said...

I agree. Definitely worth staying inside on the cold days.
Great idea to make the flannel quilts for the baby. Perfect for Winter.
Loving the sashiko.
And the crocheting is lovely.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely cosy quilts for the new bub. Lovely Sashiko and you're making good progress on your Field Journal. I love that design of crochet Marina twisted your arm into lol! It has been a wee bit chilly xx

Karen's Korner said...

Another busy sewing week for you. Cute gifts for the new baby girl.

Susan said...

How lovely of you to make the little quilts - they will be most welcomed...
Good time of the year to be making a scarf....its very pretty.

Barwitzki said...

You were very hardworking Fiona and it was so nice of you that you sewed two flannel blankets for the neighbor.
Your "Dream" quilt looks so fantastic - I wish you good progress.
The crochet design is great :-))
Happy weekend to you and a hug from Viola

Maria said...

Lovely to be catching up on post reading.
Lots of beautiful FJ hexies being put together.
Nice pile of crocheted blocks in previous post.
Perfect cosy blankets for a new winter babe.
Blessing is nearly there...

loulee said...

It's good to have lots of things to keep you busy on cold wet days.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful fabrics for a baby quilt and more practical since they will be soft and washable. I see you are keeping busy during the cold months, we are going into a heat wave, which is not the norm for this early in the season.

Debbie

marina said...

beautiful little flannel quilts, they are a great idea!
Love the blessings blocks and your field journal blocks are so stunning!!
You didn't waste time starting your scarf lol. Happy hooking

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>