Thursday, March 28, 2024

End of March ......

This week I have been working on various UFO's that I found during my tidy up....

This was a kit I purchased from a destasher some years ago..... so I have been tracing out, ironing on, cutting out, sticking on ........

I am just making up the blocks then I will blanket stitch on the machine when I get the chance with different colour threads....


I will hand embroider details like eyes (instead of buttons)


A couple of weeks ago at machine sewing day I put together these rail fence blocks... this week I sewed up the rows and added a border, pieced up a backing from left over flannel and made the binding.  I do need to get this finished in the next month so will need to find some quilting time for it...


Yay, I have started putting my Field Journal 'flowers' together.  As you can see I have used a different fabric to frame the inside but kept the middle the same as the embroidery frames to try and keep some consistency.

I had to unpick one of the brown coloured ones as it was not facing the direction I wanted!  


A small Easter display is on my fireplace, Michelle sends lovely cards so I have been keeping them as part of my decor .....


Hubz has a birthday on Easter Sunday this year and local daughter bought 2 tickets for this event for his pressie.  I love how she used the Advert to make up a personalised card (with us in it!)


I am hoping the rain is finished so it is a nice evening to wander around - I think it will be fun....

I hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend doing something you enjoy - and perhaps a bit of nice chocolate.

Righto, Gotto Go, part of my tidy up is using up some 'curtain' fabric I have been hoarding saving and making up bags (luckily not too many pieces) - so I am cutting them to size, ordered some mesh and pressing linings..... This tidying up creates a lot of extra work!  I do wonder why I don't just go and drop it off at the Op Shop for someone else to hoard! - would be cheaper!

Better get back to it!


18 comments:

Jeanette said...

The FJ blocks look pretty. Cute blocks from the destash. A friend has been posting photos that they took at the light display & it looks quite interesting to go to. I hope the rain is finished so you have a nice evening out.

marina said...

loving your destash project blocks, so very sweet.
Great fence rail top and your field journal hexies look Amazing!!
looking forward to seeing pics from Hubbies birthday outing.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such cute Destash blocks and Field Journal is going to be so beautiful all together. Rail fence looks very snugly. Enjoy your Eclipse experience...so glad the rain has cleared for you. Wishing you a very Happy birthday Mr. R for Sunday...hope there's cake lol xxx

Lin said...

Sweet applique blocks. The FJ flowers look great with their centres and coordinating the fabrics works really well. Have a lovely Easter and enjoy the 'Eclipse' xx

Maria said...

You"er finding some interesting UFOs in your clean up.
The blocks will make a cute baby/kids quilt.
The Rail and Fence blocks have made a great guys quilt.
The FJ hexies are looking good.
Lovely Easter cards you received from Michelle.
Hope you have a great evening to enjoy Hubz's BD gift from your daughter
Wishing you and family a Happy Easter..

Jeanna said...

You've made some nice progress on your UFOs. Happy Birthday to your hubby and Happy Easter to you all. Hope the weather is nice for your evening out.

Julie said...

I did laugh at your last comment Fiona as that is exactly what I think sometimes when I am tidying my sewing room - alot of extra work is created by what I find!!! That is a wonderful card from your daughter! Your hexie blocks look so perfect with the plainer centres - just gorgeous 🖤

Karen's Korner said...

Funny what is uncovered in a clean up. Your "new" old project is very cute. Nice work on the rail fence.

Susan said...

What a beautifully presented Birthday Gift - Happy birthday to Hubz.

Funny how using up stuff you got cheap or free still costs money!
Love the hexie blocks with the plain centre...clever idea.

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful UFO's to work on. Your FJ blocks are amazing. Happy Easter!

loulee said...

Those new blocks look like fun. Your Field Journal is as always looking fabulous. Love the blue rail fence.

Janice said...

It may be easier and cheaper to just donate stuff, but where is the fun in that? Much better to use it. Your latest appliqué blocks are very pretty in those colours. How good to finally be joining the FJ hexies. Enjoy your evening out for Hubz’ birthday.

kiwikid said...

Lovely blocks under production there Fiona, Great quilt you have made - it might be easier to take things to the op shop, but think of the fun of making you miss out on!! Loving your hexies.

Karen S said...

Great move to get all those blocks down before stitching. That will work well.
The rail fence quilt top has come together well, too. I like the blues and greys.
The hexie blocks look great with their centres.
Enjoy your Easter.

Ondrea said...

Lovely applique blocks. Your FJ quilt is coming along beautifully. Great idea for the central hexies.

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful "love" and "cherish" blocks. Your blue blanket will be very nice too... I'll be quilting mine soon too :-) I'm looking forward to it.
The hexagons are wonderful... enjoy them.
All good wishes for Hubz.
You have made a beautiful Easter corner for yourself, especially the Easter egg runner is so beautiful. And the cards you were given.
Happy Easter Monday to all of you.
Hugs from Viola

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Ooh I love those applique blocks! So cute!! Happy Birthday to hubby and hope the evening was fine and enjoyable! DD did a great job with that card! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

the field journal flowers are looking great........the fence and rail quilt is lovely.......simple but always looks great......
belated happy birthday to Hubz.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>