Saturday, April 6, 2024

First week of April ....


This week nearly sneaked away without a blogpost!

Another hexagon flower has been put together.....


... and I hand-quilted then bound this little mini.  The hearts are designed by Meg at CrabAppleHill and were a free stitchalong for February - embroidery month.  I sewed along with a few of the Brisbane stitchers and its been fun seeing the different versions...

This  will fit in my mini stand.... or on the wall....


A couple more blocks for the Blessings quilt have been prepped up....



Whilst cleaning up I found these little wool penguin jumpers I knitted up a few years ago.  I had started them to be used for the Fairy Penguins on Philip Island when they need a bit of help but then the organisation said they didn't need any more.  Anyway I see on the website they are taking some in to add on to plushy toys so I will send them off.  Rather a sweet idea and they are very very cute little penguins (even if they didn't bother to appear when we went and sat in the hail and rain and cold to see them)


Hubz had a birthday on Easter Sunday so I baked a cake and friends and family came over...  


We also went to Eclipse light show which was great fun ....

I quilted and bound the blue flannel rail-fence quilt....


An overall fairly open quilting...


The backing was pieced with left over flannel ......


the quilting shows better on the plain areas...


It's gone into the cupboard to go off to Melbourne in due course..... where it gets cold in Winter and this will be nice and snug....

Righto, Gotto Go.... I have another block for Caswell on the go and would like to get a few leaves on tonight...  have a lovely weekend...x


12 comments:

Lin said...

I love how you have framed up your hearts, so pretty. Nice work on the rail fence and that cake looks delicious. xx

Maria said...

Lovely FJ hexies and crabapple SAL mini.
Blessing will be a gorgeous baby quilt when done.
Those Penguin jumpers are so tiny and good you can send them over to be used on the toy penguins 🐧
The quilting on the Fence and Rail great and the quilt will be perfect to snuggle under in the cold Melbourne weather.
Enjoy appliquéing the leaves.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Loads of work, all of it beautiful. Love the penguin jumpers :)

Jeanette said...

Lovely projects. Those penguin jumpers are so cute.

Julie said...

All your makes are just wonderful Fiona. Happy Birthday to Hubby. Gosh those penguin jumpers are adorable.
It bought to mind when Mum knitted jerseys for my daughter in law who was re-homing battery hens. The hens came from the battery hen operations very unwell with no feathers from being pecked by the others & the jerseys just kept them warm while they adjusted to being outside again & grew new feathers. Most people didn't believe me when I said Mum was knitting jerseys for hens. xx

Chantal said...

Those FJ flowers are simply gorgeous! WOW! The rose border for the little hearts gathering is perfect. I love it! The Blessings blocks are lovely too. Happy belated birthday to hubby. That looks like a cookie and cream cake. Yum! Enjoy! ;^)

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love your hearts. Great Blessings blocks too. Your fleecy blue quilt will be perfect for snuggling under in Melbourne. Happy birthday Mr. R xx

Susan said...

I hope Hubz ha a great time. I remember those penguin jumpers.....I recently found one partly made here.....think I will just unravel it.
What a shame you missed seeing them...esp after sitting in the cold & rain!

Ondrea said...

I remember knitting those penguin jackets lol. More lovely applique, finished mini and your FJ project is zooming along now. Happy belated birthday to hubby. My birthday has fallen on Easter Sunday years ago. Yummy cake!

WoolenSails said...

You always amaze me with all of the wonderful projects you are working on, I need some of your energy. The quilting is beautiful on your rail fence.

Debbie

Karen S said...

So many wonderful projects. That is lovely fabrics in the hexie block.
Great to see the penguin coats can be used, too.
Glad you had some lovely birthday celebrations together.
The flannel quilt looks very snuggly. Great backing.

marina said...

beautiful projects!! love your flannel quilt too, will do nicely in Melbourne!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>