Friday, April 12, 2024

Second Week of April


Another busy week and I end up feeling pleased that I actually fitted in a grocery shop!  But happy kind of busy I need to say, a lot of sewing with friends...

I had a trip to Warwick last week to a Patchwork shop having a closing down sale (the owners are retiring) and a few background fabrics were purchased but basically it was a fun day out with friends and included a yummy lunch.

This week has been quilt group, machine sewing at my place, embroidery group .... 

I have all my Blessings blocks prepared (except for the last one which can only be done when the others are together) and I started the machine blanket stitch around the edge at my machine sewing day.  Slow going.



Quilt group saw 2 more of these hexagon flowers put together....



I finally finished off another group of Sashiko blocks .....


I quilted this quilt.... I used fabrics from Quilt club Community Quilts but did the piecing, quilting and binding.

The pattern is Star Pop by Quilty Love which I have used for myself a couple of times before.



The quilting was ribbon and stars.  Soft and non fussy.  It's a very bright quilt!


... and one more hexagon flower done at Embroidery group....


Some blocks have been crocheted and some knitting done for KOGO, and a bit of needleturn for Caswell...

.... and that was my week......

Days and nights are cooler, thank goodness.  Am enjoying reading the blogs and seeing what others are up to.... always new ideas....

Take care, have a lovely weekend and I hope you get some time doing something you love... xx




11 comments:

Chantal said...

Your Blessings blocks are so lovely. The fabrics are all so soft and calm. It will be a fabulous quilt I just know it. You did a great job with the Sashiko blocks too but the showstopper is those hexies! Some I remember seeing before and others not so much. It doesn't matter, I love to see them all again and again. So much work in those little hexies. Enjoy the nicer weather! ;^)

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have been busy....your CGT hexies are looking great as are Blessings. The community quilt is so cheery xx

Julie said...

Lots to show for the week Fiona (as usual) ... really love all those hexies - they are just gorgeous. Hope the cooler weather remains for you - it has warmed up here but thats okay because March was very very cold. x0x

Lin said...

Busy AND productive! Blessings blocks are looking great and more lovely FJ construction. The star quilt looks great. xx

Maria said...

Good to work on Blessings and also your FJ hexies...
Great bright Kids quilt you put together and quilted.
Enjoy our weekend.

Jeanna said...

Beautiful work, Fiona. I really like the colors in Star Pop. And, I've told you this before, I am in awe of your hexies. Enjoy the weekend!

loulee said...

Lots of lovely blocks again Fiona and I do like this happy bright stars.

Susan said...

Blessing will be lovely - there is a lot of appliquing to do though...LOL

Glad you got to Warwick..we are all curious about the future of that place...

There must be a LOT of hexies by now...all so pretty.

Karen S said...

A very busy week but a lot achieved.
Good to have the Blessing blocks well under way. And lots of progress on the hexies.
The star pop quilt is a lot of fun.

Karen's Korner said...

Always a busy and productive sewing room. Lovely work.

Ondrea said...

I don't think you sleep. If you do you must be sleep stitching! So many beautiful projects.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>