Friday, March 22, 2024

Third week of March


I don't know where last week went.... but it's gone ..... and I'll never get it back!

I made good progress on self binding hexagons...



And I completed the first block for my new start Caswell quilt.....  I'm going to love doing it ....


... and another hexagon group....


I have 21 sets of 6 framed hexagons now.... and I will start joining colours to make centres next.... those will be made from fabrics I have used already in framing....


and I have purchased some light grunge for the centres of the hexagons to join them up... and my favourite quilt shop is ordering in some of the right colour teal for me.......  

Then all the joining of the framed hexagons needs to begin...... this is crazy but it will end up as a completely hand made quilt....

We did purchase shelving for my little storage room.... which meant taking out a whole lot of stuff to put the shelves up, and I am slowly moving stuff back in - it's a total mess!  So of course I am sorting out one of the scrap boxes just to procrastinate doing what really needs to be done!

Righto, Gotto Go.... things to do, tidying to avoid, coffee to drink....  

Have a lovely weekend......xx


17 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Wow, all those hexies are just gorgeous!! Love your new applique block too - you're so good at needleturn! xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your framed hexes are so lovely
It is going to be a gorgeous quilt. Your Caswell block is beautiful! So happy you're joining me my friend. Good luck with all those red dots lol! Xx

Karen's Korner said...

Such pretty hexies and your new block is just gorgeous.

Jane said...

If that block is anything to go by, the Caswell quilt is going to be beautiful. Enjoy your stitching

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona oh I do enjoy seeing what you have been up too my friend,well done on your beautiful work 🤍🌷🤍

Lin said...

Your Caswell block is looking gorgeous and I am looking forward to seeing more. Your framed FJ's are coming along so well. I have got one with lots of satin stitch on the go, and it has been on the go for some time! A new project came my way this week so it may be a while before I get back to that satin stitch. xx

Chantal said...

FJ hexies are simply gorgeous! It will be so pretty with teal. Oh! I can hardly wait to see it. Caswell is magnificent! I'm sure you are having fun with this one. I LOVE the "tidying to avoid", lol, I can SO relate! Enjoy! ;^)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh Fiona, your Caswell block is a beauty! Also loved seeing those lovely hexagons. So much enjoyable stitching to be seen here. Thanks for sharing and happy Stitching!!

Janice said...

It will be so nice to finally see your framed hexies come together as a quilt I do love your Caswell block. Have fun sorting everything out for your storage. You won’t know yourself once it’s completed.

Julie said...

The hexies are looking so beautiful Fiona & will be the most splendid handmade quilt. I love the Caswell block - all that needleturn - gosh! You are so clever. Enjoy the sorting - when we sort out our sewing spaces it can lead to all sorts of rabbit holes (!!!)

loulee said...

I love the hexie blocks and look forward to seeing them coming together. Sorting scraps is a very important job, how can that be procrastinating?

Ondrea said...

The hexie embroideries are so lovely. I wondered how you were going to put them together and look forward to seeing the progress. Gorgeous start to your new project.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on all the field journal blocks. It will be exciting to see them come together.
And the Caswell block is really impressive. Love it.

marina said...

I'll never tire of seeing those beautiful stitcheries!
Hooray! a Caswell block at last lol
Thought you might have changed your mind.
I had a facebook memory pop up today and it was about my first Caswell block. The same as yours. Ahh the memories!
Well done x

Jeanna said...

I so enjoy seeing your hexies, Fiona. And the Caswell quilt block is just stunning!

Barwitzki said...

A lot of preparation has been done... and now the wonderful putting together begins... I love playing with colors :-)) But, I don't think I could put these hexagons together accurately... I'm looking forward to it to see it you.
Lots of love to you.
p.s. my sewing machine is working too... it's a joy...
Hug

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow the framed hexies look good.... What size are they???

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>