Thursday, February 1, 2024

The start of February

Gossip in the Garden is a finish
(designed by Anni Downs)

All I had to do was the binding which I machined down and then took to sewing with friends and hand sewed the back.

I mostly used Tilda scraps - and I love the result


Had fun with the quilting especially in the white spaces


outlining the applique so it shows up nicely....


At Group on Tuesday I sewed down the self binding hexagons for some of my Field Journal blocks


Some of the Tuesday girls and I are challenging ourselves to work on our UFO's - at least one a month

I sewed this blackwork with some of the Brisbane bloggers a few years ago and it has been sitting around....

Two canvases were purchased and I covered the larger one in some plain teal fabric and laced the blackwork (my first attempt at lacing) on a thin canvas and then glued the two together



Happy with the result and it is now hanging in the hallway.  The teal matches the little bit of teal blue metallic in the blocks....


Most of my day time hours this week has been spent on this wedge sampler....


Each of the light grey blocks is a different design, all the dark grey are the same....


Just a few of my favourites


I prefer doing the more organic designs


some ruler work


I was a bit stiff at times and wobbly but the overall result is fine ..... a lovely way to get back into hand-guided quilting (course by Rachelle Denneny) great instructions and videos.

Righto, Gotto Go,  I have had my arm twisted to join in February stitching hosted by Meg Hawkey at  Crabapple Hill - sweet little hearts to sew each day.  Tracing is done, thread needs choosing and stabiliser ironed on....

Have a lovely rest of the week xx


13 comments:

loulee said...

Your quilting is stunning. Love the blackwork, you have finished it beautifully.

Jennifer said...

Love the blackwork, your teal frame sets it off really well! Interesting quilting sampler.....and Gossip in the Garden is lovely.....

Maria said...

Gossip in the Garden is a beautiful finish and your detailed quilting really sets of your appliqué.
The Blackwork is lovely on the teal background.
You’ll have many gorgeous CG threads to choose from for your new SAL.

Jeanette said...

Gossips is a lovely finish. Love what you did with the blackwork.

Chantal said...

I love your Gossip in the Garden. Great job! I can't stop admiring your Field Journal hexies. So pretty! The blackwork takes the prize though! Oh! My! How GORgeous!! Amazing job with the framing too. FABulous! Love the quilting sessions too. The quilting in the dark grey is so even ... you have great hand-eye coordination. I love that flower in the before-last picture but all of them are absolutely wonderful. Bravo! ;^)

Susan said...

Gossip looks lovely,the blackwork looks fabulous on the teal - clever idea to use 2 canvasses...may need to do that with something I have in mind. .LOL

Have fun with the hearts...the first one is easy enough! LOL...still saying NO!

Julie said...

Lovely to see you back in blogland Fiona. That Gossip Quilt makes my heart swoon & those Tilda fabrics make me drool!!! Just love everything you are working on & finishing - well done. xx

Lin said...

Gossip is a gorgeous finish, just beautiful and the blackwork looks fabulous framed up like that. xx

Kathleen said...

Your quilting is stunning! No computer, right? All fmq and ruler?

Ondrea said...

The quilt is stunning! You are so clever at doing quilting. Loooooove the blackwork and how you have displayed it. Brilliant!

Karen's Korner said...

A beautiful finish. Your blackwork is stunning and is the quilting.

WoolenSails said...

Your quilt is stunning and a lot of beautiful appliqué. Your quilting on the wedge quilt is a nice design, I really need to start practicing my free motion again.

Debbie

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh hasn't Gossip the Garden just turned out beautifully!!! Sooo pretty! You did an amazing job! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>