Thursday, February 29, 2024

Leap Year February

The Log Cabin blocks are together and I added a grey/blue border
It's about 60" square


Binding is made too.... now it is off to the queue.....


My little cardigan is completed and buttons found.... lucky I had some to go with it as I gave heaps of my buttons away a couple of years ago (since I was never going to use them!) Isn't that always the way - moral of the story is NEVER give away your craft stuff!!!!


My February UFO started off like this.......


and yesterday I put the last stitches on my little sample book....


5" x 3" in size









I have learnt quite a few new stitches doing this ... and its quite a pretty little reference book...

Righto, Gotto Go - off to Embroidery Guild today and now I have done that sampler I need to draw out another project...

Hope you have a great rest of the week....




10 comments:

Susan said...

That is a very pretty sampler book - no wonder your hearts look so good!

I don't throw out stuff (sad face) ...I am over-crowded! LOL

Perhaps you should tag a long on our Sunday Stitchers Project Challenge - list your projects - give them a number and we will tell you what number to be worked on...we listed 12 since we started in December - and are currently on #12. Free to join . . LOL

Chantal said...

I love your little log cabin quilt. Good size for someone in a wheelchair. Your cardigan is lovely. Now, you're telling me not to get rid of stuff just when I'm in a purging mood? Lol. I too have gazillions of buttons. I even have my mother's. Like I need her stuff on top of mine? Whatever! I rarely use buttons, but when I lose one, I can always find a replacement.
The sampler book is amazing. You did an awesome job. I looked at all the pages once, twice, thrice! And that panel is the entire booklet. It is so well designed. Love it! ;^)

Jeanette said...

Love the log cabin & the cardie is lovely. Fabulous sampler book, you've done an amazing job.

Michelle Ridgway said...

In love with your beautiful stitchery book...gorgeous! Your log cabin is lovely and such a lovely cardie too. Enjoy your day xx

Jennifer said...

Sweet embroidery....and I approve of the green cardy! Looking forward to seeing your quilt finished.

Maria said...

Good to have the Log Cabin together with binding in the queue. How long is it now??
Fabulous Sampler Embroidery Book….
Sweet cardigan. no never part with craft stuff. I have jars of different buttons. Even some of my Mums.

Lin said...

Such a gorgeous little book and nice size too. It does look beautiful. Lovely to have it finished and what is next I wonder! xx

Julie said...

Love the log cabin & adore that wee cardy Fiona. Yes it is always the way - giving away our craft supplies then we need them!!! That little book is just wayyyy too adorable! Was it preprinted I wonder? It reminds me of slow stitching - just gorgeous. Well done! xx

Karen S said...

That was a quick finish on your log cabins! Looking good.
And I do like the little cardigan. Gorgeous colour.
Your sample embroidery book is a delight!!! What a perfect finish.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I love your stitch book- well done for finishing it! The cardigan is sooo sweet! You got a lot done in Feb! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>