Saturday, February 10, 2024

2nd week of February


Self binding of 6 more Field Journal hexagons happened ....


and more binding.... I quilted this last year.... top was made in 2022...


I had a bunch of lovely spotty fabrics....


and did all over swirls and hooks which always gives a nice texture and look....


My favourite Quilt shop got in some Insul-Bright and I got some to cover my ironing board which was looking decidedly daggy....


I had a piece of upholstery weight fabric, which of course I quilted

It was an easier make than I thought....


A few more Sashiko blocks done.....


Meg at CrabApple Hill is hosting a stitchery for February Embroidery Month and I am sewing along with a group of other Heartist friends.....  these are the little hearts I have done








Mostly only take a short time in the evening... I expect some will be more challenging than others....

And I may have had some arm bending to join Michelle in a new project..... with some help from Marina.... thanks girls..... really, thanks I am going to love this one even if it takes me ages...



Isn't it a beauty?????

I had to buy the backgrounds but the rest will come from my stash - I've been saving those for a special project (I forget the range)

Righto, Gotto Go, I have a quilt on the frame, some Sashiko blocks to trace out and some Caswell backgrounds to cut --- oh it's going to be a fun weekend!

Hope you keep well and have some fun too....



15 comments:

Susan said...

You & Michelle are equally bad for each other. !!!
I am enjoying watching the Heartist...so fr very simple. . . not like the inchie one we did before.

Jeanette said...

Lots of lovely projects. Everytime Marina posted about Caswell i considered getting it to make but then decided no. :) Have fun making the quilt.

kiwikid said...

Wow!! You have been so busy Fiona, beautiful stitcheries and blocks - I had a giggle when I read you'd had your arm twisted!! You have chosen beautiful fabrics.

Astrid said...

Beautiful embroidery. The Caswell is a gorgeous quilt, pretty fabrics you have chosen. Congrats on finishing the quilt! Love your 'new' ironing board. You should have seen mine! lol Have to do something about that soonest!
Happy quilting weekend!

Jennifer said...

The Caswell quilt is lovely.....but not for me! You mean you don't just put the new ironing board cover on over all the others? Well, you learn something every day, don't you......LOL......

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your new ironing board fabric is gorgeous! I am sure it will last you a while now... oooh what a lovely new project you are starting! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress! xx

Lin said...

Nice finish on your spotty squares and the ironing board looks very smart - maybe I should do something with mine! The hearts are looking good - I am following along but not joining in as have too much on my plate at the moment. Caswell is a beautiful quilt and your choice of fabrics lovely. This is going to be lovely to follow along. Have a great weekend. xx

Maria said...

WOW! So many projects you worked on.
Love those hexies and your ironing board cover is lovely, shame to use it.
Oh bet it didn’t take much twisting to make the Caswell quilt. It’s beautiful and you had the perfect fabrics in your stash.

Chantal said...

Did someone put you in time-out in your sewing room? You sure did accomplish a lot. The iron board cover is so lovely. What a great job! I don't like it when I have to redo my iron board cover. It's a real chore for me. So, kudos to you. Congrats on the finished quilt and on getting more embroidery hexies done. So you got your "arm bent to join" in a new project? Remember who chooses those friends, lol. I have to admit that she has great taste. I love that quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

loulee said...

Oh my gosh, you had a busy week and that new project!! Beautiful. Love the spots, what a great design.

Julie said...

Gosh I am in awe of all that you achieve Fiona. Love everything but Oh My - that ironing board over is just beautiful. I have recovered one for a friend in big blowsy flowers too. Quilting it is such a great idea - might have to remember that for next time.xx

Ondrea said...

I still love your FJ hexies. They are inspiring me and nothing much inspires me lately. Need to locate the designs. Looove your new quilt you are starting.

Cheryll said...

WoW...so busy AND on some gorgeous projects too....xox

Janice said...

Your week has been so full of stitching. You must have missed it. The little hearts are so cute. Oh my, the Caswell Quilt will
keep you out of trouble for a while. I’m sure you will do a beautiful job of it. I’ll enjoy watching from the side lines.

Karen S said...

Great variety in all your projects. Great to see your quilt bound and finished. Lovely collection of dots.
The Caswell quilt looks like quite a challenge!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>