Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Project Bag.....


I've had quite a bit of secret sewing to do recently.....

My friend Lyn had a birthday - we sew together regularly and she always comes with heaps of paraphenalia so I thought a large project bag would be useful...

I also wanted to do some of my fun quilting on a vintage doily....



... so I did.... in addition to  a sweet stitchery in the middle (slightly adapted design by Anni Downs to make it fit into the centre)


It's quite a big bag with a boxed bottom ....


The pink is all quilted to give it some firmness... and so is this large pocket I added on the back....


lined with pockets on both sides for all those dohickeys we need when we sew and a little clasp dohickey to put your keys so they are easy to find when it's time to go home!!!

Lyn loves pink and birds so this fabric I thought was perfect....


A fun project to make ... and hopefully one that will survive many years of service....


Happy significant birthday Lyn.....  such a good friend...

Righto, Gotto Go..... quilting today!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning my friend ,wow what a beautiful bag you made for your friend ,its such a great size and love the colour,gee the quilting looks awesome on it,well done on a beautiful finish Fiona xx

Susan said...

A lovely present for one of those "0" birthdays.

Jane said...

That's a beautiful bag, the lining is perfect for the pink too. A wonderful gift

Jennifer said...

What an interesting idea......I have a lot of doilies.....

Jeanette said...

What a fabulous bag. Hugs, xx

Karen S said...

This is a lovely gift. Beautiful work!

Janice said...

What a thoughtful gift. I bet she was delighted.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Cute cute tote bag--I love tote bags--like the delightful stitchery too--
enjoy the moments, di

Maria said...

Lucky Lyn receiving the fantastic bag... gorgeous doily with sweet stitching and lots of your lovely quilting too!

sunny said...

Oh my gosh - it's gorgeous, Fiona! How lucky is Lyn to have you for a friend!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow that's really gorgeous hon, what a fabulous gift! I have to tell you I loved all your pics of England, I really REALLY want to go there now!

Christine M said...

What a gorgeous bag. How lucky is Lyn!

Chantal said...

This is the best gift AND so gorgeous! Amazing quilting. Love the embroidery, the quilting, the doily, the ... everything! Just perfect. Congratulations on this gorgeous project. Happy Birthday Lyn. ;^)

Lin said...

What a great bag and the perfect gift for a stitchy friend. Lovely. xx

Louise said...

What a sweet and lovely gift! I love the Sewing Angel stitchery! A nice big bag with tons of little nooks and crannies to hold Lyn's stuff. Perfect!

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous bag!! I love all the thought you put into it especially thinking about dohickeys and whatnots not to mention thingmajigs :-) Bet she loved it!!

kiwikid said...

That is one fantastic bag Fiona and beautifully made. Will be super handy for you friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>