Monday, May 22, 2017

Too many things at once.....

Hello, hello......

Time to show off what I have been doing..... These are a series of Christmas stitcheries that I will be making into a banner...  I am using a thicker thread (actually is for weaving but I like the colour and the little bit of lumpy texture - though it is not the smoothest to sew)


My Gardeners Journal has a new block sewn... they are very sweet stitcheries to do....


.. and another of the Christmas stitcheries was completed..... one colour makes for fairly quick sewing....



I actually made this next one previously but since there is a new Stitch-A-Long happening with Michelles book I brought it out.... For May we are collecting up the pattern book, fabrics and making one of the small items if we so wish.  

In June the first block is to be done - which is the stocking...

The Stitch-A-Long is open to any bloggers - we all sew the same quilt and post about it each month on the SAL blog....

I don't remember us ever having door hangers growing up.... but I am partial to them so it's lovely to have this one.


A bloggy social engagement on Friday saw Chookyblue, Susan, Kris, Maree and myself having some coffee chats and some patchwork shop visits....  a very fun day....


I have sewn on the binding for my new quilt.... and just need to hand sew it down....


It can't fit in my basket by my chair of the projects I am actually hand sewing in the evenings - depending on my mood.... Dutch Treat, Gardeners Journal, a secret, Christmas sticheries, applique.


But today I am going to do a bit of my own quilting..... this bear is going to be another cushion.  I've done some little rosey flowers around the bear and now some hearts... I think it will be a little bit cute!


Our little pond has some new habitants.... can you see the little multicoloured fish on the right.... and just above the lightest fish is a pure black one....  There are 4 new babies.

The fish are always fun to watch....


Righto, Gotto Go... that cushion is not going to quilt itself!


19 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love the stitcheries, they are really fun ones and a great start for the holidays.

Debbie

Chantal said...

It's fun to have many projects at the ready. One never gets bored that way. Lovely stitcheries and quilting too. How can you do hearts so evenly? Do you have a stencil? Can't wait to see the cushion finished. Enjoy the fish! ;^)

Helen said...

Great stitcheries..... your cushion will be soooo cute and what a lovely get together for you all. I was so tempted to join in the sew-a-long but I have been strong lol,... have fun

Maria said...

I love the Christmas swag stitchery and the Gardener's Journal...
You had a lovely outing with some of your blogger friends..
LOL your hand sewing bag is very full.....
The Teddy cushion is sew sweet.....

Jane said...

looking forward to seeing the cushion, love the addition of lace

Karen S said...

Lots of lovely stitching getting done. And also lovely quilting and binding. You have been busy. Looks like a lovely catch up with friends, too.

Susan said...

too much loveliness to comment on...just not enough time in the day is there?

Jennifer said...

No - it won't, will it! Lots of pretty stitching getting done at your house, nothing here because my sewing room is packed up so new floor tiles can be laid.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona lovely stitching and how lovely you all had a chance to catch up .Think i will do that project of Michelle's as well,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Lin said...

I am loving these gardeners journal blocks and the door hanger is sweet. Always good to spend time with friends. xx

The Sloan Patch said...

I'm always so impressed with the amount of stitching you do! I love those stitcheries...I really need to trace some up so that I can pick them up at any time...so relaxing. You lucky girl...catching up with friends...such a delight. And love your quilting x

Chookyblue...... said...

oh such a fun time catching up......lots of laughs...........love the projects your working on........it's nice to keep changing so you don't get bored.........

Janice said...

Lovely to see what you have been up to. I can guess your bloggy meet would have been great fun.

Louise said...

I love seeing your fish pond! I miss having an aquarium; I've kept fish off and on since I was 10 years old. The water we're in now is so murky, we only see the fish if they jump a bit. We had underwater lights installed at our last yard visit, so I'm hoping for clear water to attract the fishes with the light...

kiwikid said...

I think you need a bigger basket by your chair to hold everything :-) Your Christmas stitcheries are cute, like the background fabric you have used. Nice to have a catch up day with the girls. Wish we had a pond for fish, we had on at our last house but the kookaburras went fishing and that was that!!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Sweetness!!!! I love your stitching. Glad you had a fun day out with good friends, hon. Your fish pond is lovely, we might have to get one of those! Although hubby is planning on two huge fish tanks under the bookshelves in my sewing room....

Narelle said...

Lots of lovelies on the go ... always a project to enjoy some progress on 😊

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Your door-hanger is very sweet. Are youngetting excited for June, I sure am, though, the excitement is coupled with trepidation.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lovely stitcheries getting done there - I do like to do ones with one color sometimes, you are right it is much quicker - no decision making! I've ordered my book and hopefully it will be here soon :) Still deciding on the fabric! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>