Monday, May 1, 2017

April Projects .....



OPAM is hosted by Peg and Kris.....  this month I managed to  finish 5 projects.....


Mug rug, Table Topper, Scraps bucket and Dogs Blanket


and these cute little baby shoes


Finishing Stitches is hosted by Joy and includes UFO's that blocks have been made towards a finish

The main one I am doing is Dutch Treat which is all hand applique....

I got 10  blocks done this month for it (my original plan was 1 a week so I feel very pleased when I over achieve on them!!)






Of the finished projects 2 of them were UFO's - I am always extra pleased when an old project is brought out the cupboard and finished....

I inherited these little snail's trail blocks - just had to remove the papers and put them together and add some flying geese to them



Another of my monthly challenges is a Christmas Item each month hosted by Narelle....

... this month all I managed was a block towards a Christmas project....



a little bit of progress is better than none....

So there we go..... last day of April ..... 



Righto, Gotto Go... working on some home made shopping bags.....  should get an early finish for May!

17 comments:

Maria said...

You've had some good finishes this month. Sew nice to get UFOs done and those shoes are sew cute...
Your DT blocks are beautiful.....
Love the Christmas stitchery, it will make a lovely Chrissy swag.

WoolenSails said...

You have done a lot this month and all beautifully made, the christmas piece is really cute.

Debbie

Margaret Stickland said...

Cute baby shoes , so right. Someone will look a treat, and bring many a smiling face to the little one.

Raewyn said...

Imagine being an over-achiever!! Well done on such a productive month Fiona - you've made some great progress! The Dutch Treat blocks are looking wonderful.

Jeanette said...

Fabulous finishes. Love the Dutch Treat blocks. Hugs, xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have been on fire....especially considering all the other beautiful work you do for others. I just love your finishes xx

kiwikid said...

Lots of beautiful finishes for April Fiona, love the DT blocks.

Jane said...

still love the shoes

marina said...

Such gorgeous finishes for the month!
Love those snail trail blocks repurposed.

Lin said...

Lots of great work there Fiona but always good to get some UFO's out of the way. xx

Sue SA said...

Lovely finishes. Ironically I found lots of pieces of left over snail trail blocks from when I started quilting. I started making them up and then ran out of main fabric, but your little quilt has given me a good idea thanks!

Ondrea said...

Lots of beautiful finishes there. Love your appliques...reverse applique? You have been very productive. How quaint are those shoes!

Louise said...

You're getting quite far along on your Dutch Treat blocks! That will be such a gorgeous quilt when they are all finished. Remind me again what size are they?

Allie-oops Designs said...

You're making me look bad, you over-achiever you....*giggle* LOVE your projects, especially those baby shoes, *swoon*!!!!!!!!!

Janice said...

You should give yourself a pat on the back.. lots achieved and beautiful work, as always.

Karen S said...

Great finishes and wonderful blocks. You are getting a lot done!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You had a great productive April! I think I need to come over to your place for a weekend so that your "finishing" will rub off on me... :) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>