Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sewing makes me happy.....


Yesterday sewing with the girls I continued with some machine applique..... I now need to do some hand stitching on these flowers and giraffes

A very cute pattern called Hush by Julie Lovell


The last few days have been just perfect weather - cooled down from summer but not cold - I love home made soups and had a chance to use my new mug given to me by local daughter on Mothers Day.... isn't it great?  That's the spoon sticking out the handle...



I present to you my Teddy cushion... this was a pattern from a Stitchers Dream Day Out a couple of years ago and is designed by Libby Richardson (who will be back this year)  She taught us to paint our teddies and make those little flowers ... then it got put away but finally I have finished it....

I think it's really sweet... and it's another UFO out the cupboard!


Our bottle brushes are just starting to come out.... I know I am going to be getting the sneezes soon but the Rainbow Lorikeets love them and they do add a bit of autumn brightness...


Righto, Gotto Go..... some quilting to do today.... 

19 comments:

Jeanette said...

The giraffe is so cute, love the fabric. I just love soup weather. 😊. Such a pretty cushion. 😍. My bottlebrush is flowering too but I've not seen birds in it yet. Hugs, xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love the teddy bear, I was wondering how you made it... I've never painted fabric before... Love your soup mug too!! xx

Connie said...

Your pillow is charming and I love it. Getting UFOs finished feels so good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona ,oh your cushion is so cute,i can see a little grandie being so excited with that,also love your cute giraffe the colours are gorgeous.
I also love that soup mug such a great idea.
How colourful is your bottle brush hope it doesnt make you sneeze too much.
Hope your day is a good one my friend xx

WoolenSails said...

The pillow and the quilt are adorable. I love seeing all the greenery and plants blooming, now if the weather would improve.

Debbie

Jane said...

love the teddy cushion, she's so pretty and what a clever mug!

Jennifer said...

That is a sweet cushion! Our red bottlebrush is flowering too, so gorgeous going into winter.

Michelle Ridgway said...

That sweet giraffe project looks so cute....LOVE that teddy! I am a big fan of soup too...yum! I love that our bottle brushes bloom in the cooler weather x

kiwikid said...

Well done on another ufo finish, the teddy is gorgeous!! I hit the vege soup today too, is so good in the cooler weather. Your flowers and giraffe look great too. very pretty bottle brush, hope the sneezes are not too bad for you.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great mug....love your teddy ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sheila said...

Love the giraffe , such sweet fabrics . Lovely mug , nothing like a hot bowl or mug of homemade soup . Your little teddy cushion is adorable!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love that giraffe, how cute! And your teddy cushion is just darling too. That's a neat mug for soup, I really like how the spoon fits in the handle. Clever!

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

That cushion is adorable and your bottle brushes look amazing.

Love Bears All Things said...

Love the little pillow of course since its a bear...
Mama Bear

Rachaeldaisy said...

Gorgeous projects!! So good teddy is out of the closet, she's such a sweetie! Soup is one of my favourite things about winter.

Louise said...

Your teddy cushion turned out just so cute! Love the little flower in her hair that matches her bouquet :)

Helen said...

Cute giraffe the fabrics look perfect for the design. Love the pillow.

Karen S said...

The giraffe looks sweet and I like like the finish on your cushion. Another one ticked off!
I do like the vibrant colours of the bottle brush! Happy sneezes!

Lin said...

Your soup cup is brilliant! Love the teddy cushion. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>