Sunday, February 19, 2017

Some fun .....


This is how my mornings start!  A not very expensive coffee machine with not very expensive coffee pods .... a yummy cup of coffee then I move out to the veranda and catch up on my social media whilst listening and watching the birds at the feeding table .....

It's a ritual ......


How do you start your day?

Our local library has one a month crafty related activities... I can't always go but this month I went to the book folding.... I did a heart before so this time they gave me one that is a bit more challenging.....

I had to bring it home to finish it off...


The 'patterns' for book folding, and instructions are sold through a very clever lady HERE.  There also is several already made that you can buy or order specially.

I think it's so clever.

Last Sunday was revolting hot here.  I don't manage well in revolting hot.  We sat in our lounge room with the aircon and TV on ALL DAY.... we never to that.  We got into a series and that kept us nicely entertained ... and I got through a fair bit of Dutch Treat so I now have another 4 finished blocks....

That daisy one was really challenging... and close up the soft curves are actually rough chips!!



I have moved on to doing a bit more Boro stitching to take a short break from Dutch Treat .... I am enjoying the informal process of this and it's teaching me that not every stitch needs to be exact!


This is a wee little purse I made.  We had Craft Alive here in Toowoomba and I booked into this little $10 workshop where we got the kit and tuition to make this....


It was a bit fiddly I admit.... but its rather cute?

Righto, Gotto Go.... I think I have some serious stuff to do ......

25 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I've never seen book folding, it looks amazing... love the little purse! xx

Jennifer said...

Such a cute little purse! We have Craft Alive here in September, but I don't recall interesting little "makes" like that. Your coffee machine is very fancy-nancy, I use a French press......sounds so much more posh than saying plunger. I love those Dutch Treat blocks, that is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

marina said...

Your book is amazing!
The heat is such a downer! But the cool changes after a hot spell are so good.
Love your little purse and your new Dutch treat blocks are amazing
They all look very tricky...

Karen S said...

Love my morning coffee! Sometimes social media and sometimes crossword in the paper is how my day begins. I think I enjoy doing that purely because i couldn't when I worked full time.
Your library seem to have great activities. Love the butterfly.
Great work with your blocks and the Boro. We have had a few indoor days for the same reason with the heat. There really is no point being outside in those temps.

Michelle Ridgway said...

The book folding looks amazing...very clever! The heat has drained us all I think...aircon and quiet stitching is the only way to cope! Dutch Treat is mind boggling...well done for not whimping out like your friend xx

kiwikid said...

Love love love the book!!!Just beautiful!! I have to start the day with peppermint tea, then I can do things! The heat must be exhausting!! We have rain here this evening. Your Dutch Treat blocks are amazing!! Well done for staying indoors and following sensible pursuits!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona ,wow that little purse is so darn cute and boy that book is amazing and your blocks are amazing,you are super clever my friend xx

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Wow, super busy.
Love your book folding. Thanks for the link.
Your little pouch is cute too.

Janice said...

I wish I had a nice relaxing start to the day like yours. Now we are in town we do get to have breakfast together and we do have a nice coffee, after that it is go go go to get out the door. Weekends are better. You've certainly been busy. What a lovely job you have done with your book, so lovely and even and the purse is super cute.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful book, clever idea. Very sweet little purse too. Glad to hear you are feeling better now, not very nice especially in hot weather. Take care xcx

Maria said...

You have kept busy . The book looks great.
That's what I've been doing for days, locked inside with the air con on..
Beautiful DT blocks and I love the irregular stitching project...
Cute purse...

Helen said...

Wow love the book folding, it looks amazing. Oh your DT blooms look gorgeous :)

Jeanette said...

Love the book. Looks fabulous. The DT blocks are lovely. Cute little purse. Hugs,xx

newsurfiegirl said...

Your book folding is amazing! Looks like you have been busy!

WoolenSails said...

The book is a wonderful idea and a nice design to do. You have been keeping busy, lots of wonderful projects and nice to have different ones to switch to, to get breaks from one.

Debbie

Louise said...

You are always doing such an interesting variety of projects, Fiona! Folding, hand stitching, purse making...and that's just this week. I'm impressed by your breadth of skillz :)

Elyte said...

Looks like you are feeling much better and enjoying yourself again. I suspect that some of those Dutch Treat blocks must be really challenging. The Boro stitching looks great.

Anthea said...

Beautiful DT blocks Fiona. What will the boro stitching become?
As for my mornings, I'm definitely a pot-of-tea gal, every day... can't beat it.

sunny said...

I like the plan for your days. THe bitty little purse is so adorable!!

Susan said...

Hopefully the "terrible hot" is on the way out...Dutch Treat is looking so good.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I usually check my social media and then it's a cup,of tea and off to get JoJo off to her programmes! At least you could escape to the air con and watch the Tele and stitch!

Jane said...

Daniel was stood behind me as I was reading this, he wants a butterfly book, lol. He was trying to work out how the folds work :)

Christine M said...

Your butterfly looks great Fiona. Very clever! I love your little purse.

Wendy said...

I always start my day with a coffee from my coffee machine! Weekdays I then have to shower, dress and go to work, weekends is usually back to bed with the coffee and a book! Love the book folding, I'd like to find a class to have a go at that.

Raewyn said...

Sounds like a good way to spend a hot day Fiona.... and productive too - you seem like you are churning out the Dutch Treat blocks :-) Cute wee purse - what a fun idea; and I love the book you folded - it looks very tricky to get right!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>