Monday, June 13, 2016

Bitsa this and bitsa that.....

Some more of my Splendid Sampler blocks ......



I haven't got them all in here but this is the first 30 I have done....  I quite like the general look these colours are giving....



I have finished the stitching on this sweet little heart from Michelle's book - this will be made into a door hanger for Christmastime .....


Another OMG (Organic Modern Graphic) piece.....


part of me likes that crazy binding with it... part of me doesn't.... but there it is

If anyone is interested in seeing these quilts and even join in the fun this is the Facebook page.  Helen Godden gives us a picture each month which serves as our inspiration for making up a quilt.

We were given these funny little plants that don't need soil - just air and a spray of water .... I have placed them in the little glass bubbles (my daughter left these behind when she moved out - you snooze you loose I say).  They are rather fun and cheer up a spot in the kitchen (the place I most need cheering up!)


Righto, Gotto Go... those little plants probably want a bit of a spray today...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my lovely friend,i am loving your colours too that you are using in your splendid sampler blocks,they are looking fantastic together Fiona and those bubbles look so cute with the plants in them ,hope you have a lovely evening Fiona :)

Maria said...

The SS blocks are look good together... Every time I think I have caught up another appears.....
Interesting postcard card.. Looks like you are having fun with the FMQ on it......
Ah they are my sort of plants, very little care needed.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your Splendid Sampler blocks look so lovely all together. The stitchery looks great too. Hope you enjoyed stitching from my book. The pretty glass bubbles look wonderful too xx

Jeanette said...

The sampler blocks look fabulous. Love the stitchery & bubbles. Hugs, xx

Helen said...

It is great to see your SS blocks all together, they do look terrific. Cute stitchery too.
Love the plant hanger.

Jennifer said...

Well done on the OMG quilts......yours are so good! Love your Splendid Sampler blocks. Yep, you snooze, you lose.....good find.

marina said...

Another beautiful sampler quilt in the making.
Wonderful modern work of art.
Great little air plants

Elyte said...

Lovely SS blocks, especially that little rabbit.

sunny said...

Your quilting is wonderful!

Raewyn said...

Great to see your SS blocks together, your colour way is gorgeous. (Mine is still un-started!!) Lovely stitchery too :-) Wow with the Modern quilting!

Christine M said...

Your Splendid Sampler blocks are looking great Fiona. Love the new hanging plants.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful SS blocks Fiona, the stitchery is lovely too, you are doing amazing quilting n your postcards and those little plants in bubbles are cute too. Chering up in the kitchen is always good.

Leanne said...

Hello Fiona
Your blocks look fantastic, such beautiful colours.

Jane said...

we used to have some of those air plants, they look nicer in those globes. Love the bunny block

Lin said...

Well I like the binding on your OMG! The blocks look lovely all together like that. xx

Susan said...

your OMGs are totally OMG!!
Love the plants too.

Karen S said...

Great to see a lot of your sampler blocks together - and I appreciate the signage, too.
Lovely stitching for the door hanger.
I like all the different stitching in have used in the OMG piece.
Enjoy your plants.

Cheryl said...

Love your Splendid Sampler blocks Fiona and a very cute stitchery from Michelle's book for some lucky person at xmas

Helen said...

Love your bunny block Fiona, all your blocks are looking wonderful !

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

You've been very busy Fiona....that bunny is just so cute!

Anthea said...

Well I never... those plants are so funky, good on you keeping them alive Fiona!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>