Friday, June 24, 2016

Better late than never.....


The first person I met in real life after I started blogging was Marina....  I felt very brave getting the train into the centre of Melbourne to meet my 'on-line friend'..... it's been a great friendship ever since.  Marina and I do the 'birthday' thing and always make an effort to send a special handmade item.

I was late for her birthday this year... but this is what I made...

Firstly I did some micro quilting using some embroidered cotton on some linen....


... and made it into this case ... its just the right size for a pair of glasses, a mobile phone, car keys and some money/card for when you pop off to the fabric shop!!!


. I made sure everyone knows who it belongs too with this stem stitched monogram on the other side.  I just love those pretty red tops of the clasp.


It's the first time I have done one of those kiss clips for the purse... luckily I have a friendly neighbour who has done lots of these and she gave me a private lesson!!  A bit fiddly with the thickness of the quilting ... let's hope it stays on...


.. I also included a little bookmark made from Anni Downs design .....

'
Happy belated birthday Marina....

Righto, Gotto Go... my house needs cleaning ... then I want to sit by the fire and sew...

This block for Dutch Treat is done....


... now there is only 195 of them left!

19 comments:

Jane said...

That is well worth waiting for, what a great way to use such a beautifully quilting doily! Love it Fiona!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona,wow I sure love the purse you made for Marina,it's gorgeous,you are so clever my friend and the bookmark is very cute,lucky Marina,hope your day is a good one ....

Unknown said...

Beautiful thoughtful gifts, lucky Marina xcx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just devine! A gorgeous gift and well worth the wait. I am mega impressed at your DT block! Stay warm....our fire is on too x

kiwikid said...

Beautiful gift you have made for Marina!! Love your DT block...on the way now!!

Jennifer said...

What a lovely gift! Well done on the Dutch Treat block, you are on the way now.....

Susan said...

So gorgeous....what a lovely gift.

Chantal said...

Exquisite! What a gem! You do wonderful work, Fiona. Love the monogram work too. Such a nice touch. I'm sure Marina will treasure these lovely gifts. Great job on the Dutch Treat too. ;^)

Karen S said...

Your gift for Marina is gorgeous. I love the work you do with the lace pieces.

Maria said...

Beautiful gifts you made for Marina...
Lovely Dutch Treat block Fiona...

Raewyn said...

Such a lovely gift!! I bet Marina was thrilled to bits with it!!!

Lin said...

Beautiful gifts for Marina. xx

Susan said...

Marina was one of my first bloggy friends turned real life too. She's a lovely person and I know she will love this gift. Very unique.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

All very lovely Fiona.....the bookmark is just gorgeous!

Chookyblue...... said...

Beautiful. .... Lucky marina

Elyte said...

Beautiful gifts Fiona. I hope to get a closer look at them some time in the near future. She will have to sew it onto her person when I am around just in case I forget that they are not mine!!

Tarnyia said...

Beautiful gift and a wonderful idea xxx

Bev C said...

Hello Fiona,

Oh My that purse is just so beautiful, quite tactile which I love. Would you do a small tutorial showing how the clasps were sewn on (please).

Happy days.
Bev.

Cheryll said...

Marina's purse is just gorgeous....well done Fiona...xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>