Monday, April 18, 2016

Food Festival


A couple of weekends ago my daughter-who-lives-near-me and I went off to the country to the Felton Food Festival.....


.. there are heaps of stalls of lovely home made and home grown produce under the shade of some lovely gum trees....


fresh veges amongst the dry dust with friendly stall holders....


... these strawberries were so yummy and sweet.....


.. lovely pate's and pickles which came home with me for our supper....  very very delish....


... a bit of Ausi humour at the hay bale....


.... splashes of white on the way home with the cotton ready for harvesting...


A lovely few hours - country people really know how to put on a spread.... I think this may be a regular annual go-to event for me...

I have picked up a Christmas UFO to work on - it had been traced but no stitching done - naughty little Christmas elves....


... but I also wanted to try out some reverse applique which will be used in Dutch Treat - I found some fine cotton I like for the top and wanted to see how it goes with the very small pieces - its good so I'll be purchasing that...  I also need a better coordinated thread - and more practice on this technique especially for the small bits.  

Any tips are welcomed.......


Christine, Lyn and I are going to sew this together in a few months time - and Michelle and Helen are also going to make it.... Kathy is considering it too.... we will all be encouraging one another which I think is necessary for me to keep going - there are 196 hand sewn 4 1/2" blocks..... 

Today I am going to sew together my heat bag  - the hand sewing is all done...


Wishing you all a wonderful week - I am hoping we get some Autumn rains - the evenings have finally cooled down a bit so it feels like Autumn here .... stunning days and cool nights - just how I love it...


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my lovely friend the festival looks like a lot of fun and the goodies look yummy.
I love seeing your work you are very inspirational Fiona,enjoy your evening my friend xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds and looks like fun .....your projects look great ..😍

Michelle Ridgway said...

Nothing nicer than fresh produce and Mother/Daughter time. Lovely projects! I am watching for the postman! Practicing.....you're scaring me! Lol

Anthea said...

oh all that produce looks yum Fiona... what a sight the cotton must have been... is the reverse applique a new technique to you?

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Fiona,
wonderful progress on a lot of projects. Your reverse applique looks just fine.
Great work.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Helen said...

Everything looks so delicious and fresh, looks like a great day. Love your projects !!

Rosie said...

Lovely work on your projects and the food festival looks inviting.

Susan said...

Oh my gosh - 4 1/2" blocks - that applique is pretty tiny..Cute stitchery..Making me hungry with the food pics. Lovely to see the temps drop below 30

Jeanette said...

The food festival sounds fabulous. Love your projects. Hugs,xx

marina said...

Sounds like a great festival!
Very sweet stitchery and I am intrigued by that applique method. Will follow with interest.
Love your heat bag!

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a fun weekend and the strawberries look delicious, can't wait for our season to kick in, love fresh fruit and vegetables. Your new projects are beautiful.

Debbie

Jane said...

that looks satisfyingly fiddly! Can't wait to see your progress on the quilt, having so many join in will help keep everyone motivated

Karen S said...

Looks like a very enjoyable food festival. The photo of the cotton field is lovely.
Good luck with your trial reverse applique. Great way to see if you like it.
Lovely work on the heat bag. It looks so soft.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Darn, now I'm hungry again. Too fun! Love your stitching, especially your heat bag!

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

I really like reverse applique. I like it better than normal applique.
It seems to me that I can make the sides smoother. Don't know why, it just works for me.
I am going to get on uk book depository right now to see if they have the book in stock. It will take me a while to look at fabric etc.
Kathy
https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Chrissie said...

The festival looked great fun and so many yummy things to try. Love your projects as usual, can't help on the reverse applique I'm afraid, but look forward to seeing your progress xcx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>