Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Treasures ..........

Yesterday I received this lovely Spring parcel in the post....

 from none other than Melody at The House on The Hill


there is a beautifully hand stitched felt table topper... one of Melody's fantastic pins, some seeds - basil and pansies (perfect for spring sewing) and chocolates.... (one flew right out of it's wrapping and into my tummy quicksmart)

so I put these straight onto my treasure table... which is what I am showing today for Treasure Tuesday...


This is a lovely hardwood table that used to live in my grandparents house
if I remember right it is made from yellow wood and black wood
native trees in south africa
(don't quote me on this information!!)

It is really lovely and smooth - the grain of the wood is tight and it is a piece I really really love having

I try and change the look every now and then so it is wondeful to have it decorated with some spring prettiness


Here is a closer picture so you can look at the handwork in this table topper...... I am just awed with this special gift - isn't is so happy?


Thank you Melody.... you are a Treasure yourself...

Hope you can pop by at Melody's and see some of her work and join us in Treasure Tuesday

19 comments:

sunny said...

What a lovely parcel of spring goodies you received! It's been a fun swap.

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

what a sweet present :)

Melody said...

Hi Fiona, I loved making a present for you. I saw a Christmas candle mat on your To Do list so I thought I'd make you one for spring too.

Teresa F. said...

Lovely presents, Melody is very talented and a wonderful person. Lucky girl you are.

marina said...

How beautiful!!
You are a lucky girl!
It looks lovely on your tuesday treasure. Your hunting dog looks interested in checking out the topper too.

Sue said...

Gorgeous goodies Fiona, well done to Melody for making them. I love the Penny rug and the pin that matches the card so well.

Jeanette said...

Very beautiful. You are indeed lucky. :) Hugs,

Wendy said...

A very beautiful gift and I love your table and little arrangement of lovely things on it. Thanks for your last post to, the crayon art is gorgeous and a great idea!

Karen said...

A delightful gift from a lovely person!

Vintage Cate said...

What a special Treasure and it looks so lovely on your table. Gifts from friends are always very special Treasures.

Serenata said...

Lovely treasures for Tuesday and the table is very special, how lovely to have it.

Sheila said...

What a beautiful spring table topper ,I just love it, it is so happy and bright and looks just perfect on your lovely table ,lucky you .

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What beautiful gifts from Melody for the spring swap! The table topper is definitely a treasure.

Anonymous said...

Fiona what a beautiful swap,lucky you and love your table

Anonymous said...

That Melody is indeed a treasure. What a fun package to get in the post.
How lucky are you to have an ancestral table. A great place to share your treasures on display.

Kim B said...

Such a neat mat, how sweet of your friend. The table is gorgeous. Have a happy day. Hugs, Kim

Michelle Ridgway said...

Melody is indeed a treasure and how wonderful for you to have a piece of her artistry to make you smile everyday. The whole package makes we want to throw open the windows and let in spring....your table is glorious. I love wood.

rosie said...

Isn't the blogging world so special.. beautiful presents and friendships... Love your special table too..

Lyn said...

Such a lovely gift to receive- love your table as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>