Thursday, March 14, 2024

Second week of March

... another week has flown by.....

Crochet has focussed on some blocks for KOGO who asked for these colours for Torres Strait Island communities...

I am working in 8 ply and discovering that not all 8 ply's are equal - even within the same brand.  The blocks are supposed to be 20cm and sometimes they work to that and other times not.....


More framed hexagons have been done.....


and another set of Sashiko 365 blocks....


Some blocks have been sewn... these are for a Community Quilt for club - it's a clever pattern.  This one is bright!

I am hoping to sew the blocks together this next weekend...


Today at Embroidery guild some more hexagons were done.... I think I have another 3 sets to do then need to decide on centres and joining....


I did cut and start sewing strips for a flannel quilt I am going to do..... large rail-fence blocks.  I want to get this quilt done and posted before Winter so it is being moved to top of the machine sewing list.....



I hope you have a lovely end of week and weekend xx ..... I have a Community Quilting sew day planned and an afternoon of icing Easter biscuits ... that will be fun....

Righto, Gotto Go....  cat needs feeding,  fabric needs pressing and news to watch (such as it is!)

Hugz






13 comments:

Lin said...

Yes, that is bright!
Lovely colours for your crochet and your FJ blocks are looking lovely. Not far to go and your sashiko is looking good. xx

Barwitzki said...

Great blocks you made...I love your embroidery.
How do you quilt your striped quilt? Straight lines? I'm a beginner quilter... and I'm always very happy about tips...
Kind regards for you.
p.s. Have fun eating cookies together - I'm great at baking :-)))

Jennifer said...

No indeed, not all yarns are created equal. Your framed hexagons are looking very lovely!

Jeanna said...

You've had a fun and productive week. Those framed hexies are beautiful. Enjoy your weekend, Fiona!

Julie said...

Just love those embroideries of yours Fiona - look forward to seeing what you choose for centres. Icing Easter biscuits sounds like alot of fun!! Everytime I see your sashiko I pull mine out ... then do nothing more 😖

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful Cottage Garden hexies. Well done on the Kogo blocks and your community blocks. You're doing well with your Sashiko blocks too xx

Barwitzki said...

Thanks for your reply in the blog, Fiona. So far I've only quilted straight lines with the machine, on smaller pieces - runners, placemats - I'll probably have to get a feed foot to be able to quilt my large quilt... free motion quilting. I look forward to seeing it with you.
If you want, my email blog@barwitzki.de.
Hug from Viola And I wish you lots of joy.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely projects on the go, Fiona! It's been a while since I've visited, but saw your link in Chantal's sidebar (At the Corner of Scraps and Quilts) and followed it to see what you've been working on. Hope to visit again soon!

Janice said...

Lots has been accomplished in your week. You are making great progress with your hexies. I agree about yarn thickness. A bit all over the place.

Karen S said...

Yes, it is becoming tricky with the ply for yarns. I have found the same.
No easy answer there.
Field journal blocks are looking great.
Love those bright blocks for the Community quilt.

loulee said...

So much happening. Those hexies are stunning.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I find that all 8 plys are not equal as well with the cat blankets I am crocheting... it's a bit annoying, but I am guessing the cats won't mind.... your Sashiko is looking great! xx

Susan said...

So true about the yarn!

Since I do rows...I need to know how many chain . . .so I keep a record of "Brand X- nn stitches"....but as you say even between the one brand it can still vary!

So aggravating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>