Friday, February 16, 2024

Middle of February....


Over the weekend I quilted The Avenue, ribbons in the background and large tear shapes in the trees, leaves around the border - and stitched a label on Tuesday...


I will get the binding hand-stitched down soon....

Special friends came for a visit ..


I have a birthday later this month and Shez made me this lovely bag... I love the look of Hexagons but they are not my favourite to sew... this is so pretty and a good size - even has hexagons on the ties!!!!


... and how adorable are these ladybug ornaments..... totally love them....


Thank you so much Shez.....


Michelle bought a bundle too.....  there is 3 fabrics there to match my others for Caswell, a lovely bag pattern from favourite designer Anni Downs, my Christmas ornie, and .....


a hand drawn card of Mrs Superb Fairy Wren......  I love Fairy Wrens and I will be finding a frame for this....


... and a special tin decorated with her Slow Stitching..... I have to show several pictures to this one 


The tin is little (3,5" by2,5") This is the top folded out.....


.... and she has made it into a needlecase (knowing I love something practical)


Both special friends - spoilt me very much ... we then went to a nearby country town for the day... for some lunch at the local pub ..... after supporting local businesses and op shops


and a look at the Art Gallery.... Shez and I are thinking deeply


... and Michelle and I are posing with the art ....


We had a lovely day which went by too fast....

I have continued with sewing the little hearts, I still have to finish off yesterdays and do todays....


I sewed up a couple of new Bondi tops ..... this one I was wearing on our day out....


.... and this one in Tilda fabric is for my day at the Tilda Jubilee tomorrow.... (I was very spoilt and gifted a ticket to this event)


So that has been my busy week ...... it is so lovely and cool today and we've had some gentle rain.... I hope you have a lovely weekend.... xx

Righto, Gotto Go...... time for a cuppa.....



16 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely catch up with gorgeous friends and brilliant presents, love Michelles little box and beautiful card. And the hexie bag is beautiful too. Enjoy your Tilda day. xx

Jennifer said...

What f aun day....can't beat a good time with friends, and pressies too!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona ,I had the best time with you and Michelle,thankyou for being such a beautiful friend and making our day very special,love you my friend ,hope to see you again tomorrow,I will look out for that beautiful tilda top,I just showed Michelle we both love both your pretty tops 🤍🌷🤍

loulee said...

Looks like you ladies had a great day out. Lovely gifts too, especially that cute wee tin.

Julie said...

Oh My Fiona!!! What a post filled with loveliness. Happy Birthday to you!! What gorgeous special heartfelt gifts you received. And followed by a wonderful day out. How can we ever wish for more than this! Just so special - & your tops are gorgeous too. Enjoy your day at the Tilda event. Going green with envy at this end ................... just sayin' xxx

ButterZ said...

Love the needlecase and tin Michelle made for you.

Janice said...

What a wonderful day out and beautiful gifts. I love the quilting on The Avenue and your tops are pretty. Enjoy the Tilda event.

Narelle said...

Such a lovely day out with beautiful friends xx

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful friends and wonderful gifts. I love how seamless her hexagons are and those ladybug hearts are beautiful. Of course I love the wren, as well. All special gifts, made with love. Wonderful fabrics on your tops. I really need to get back into sewing, would love to make some tops and tops/skirts that go together.

Debbie

Karen's Korner said...

A lovely day out with special friends to celebrate.

Susie H said...

So many goodies in the post. You are truly loved and it looks like you had a great time with friends. Nothing better!

Susan said...

Love the little ladybirds....Shez does make lovely gifts, as does Michelle...that little tin must be so lovely.

Susan said...

and when I make "The Avenue" ...I'll have quilting like that . . .BIG LOL

Ondrea said...

How wonderful! Happy birthday! Lovely to see Shez and Michelle again on a blog. Those ladybirds are gorgeous and Michelle's beautiful drawing is to be treasured.

Karen S said...

What a lovely week. Perfect to have special friends visit and celebrate your coming birthday. Happy Birthday!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very keen on The Avenue.
.beautiful in real life
So loved those lady beetles from Shez. Beautiful Bondi tops too. Loved our day together and yes went too fast xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>