Friday, December 31, 2021

End of December - almost


Finishing up the year....

I have been cleaning up the sides of my blog, taking down some lists etc.... and noted that I did indeed get quite a lot of finishes done this year....

.... and started lots of new projects.....

.... and kitted up lots of new ones to make.....


Thanks Kris for keeping count on OPAM.... always fun to look back and see what was made in the month....

Thanks to Cheryll and Wendy who each month host a virtual sewing evening..... always fun to go and visit and see what others have made...

Thanks to those who comment on my blog.... it's the best part of blogging for me.... I do reply to comments and if I am not it's because they are on no reply or I don't have an email for you... apologies....

Thanks to those who write blogs... I love visiting you....  being entertained, motivated, encouraged and most often tempted to start something else...

Back to December....

Finishes included.....

A cushion (black-work stitching done throughout the year - thanks to Helen for the arm-twisting to join this one!)


Black work was my new skill/technique that I learnt this year..... very much enjoy it

In the black-work theme I made these as decorations to send out this year....... 

Made on plastic canvas and fiddly diddly ....  15 made altogether


Then I made 25 masks.... boring snoring.....


6 of these little pouches went as gifts for my regular sewing friends.... happy snappy


And during the break I have been quilting quilting away 

Mama Tembo - each dancer is done separately to show off her pretty dress -  and swirls in the sashing and edge triangles..... 


Splendid Sampler - each block (100)  is done differently to fit the design - scrolls in the sashing...


I have made their bindings and machine sewn them on.... will need some cooler weather, loan of the dining room table and a good book to listed to in order to hand sew down the binding...

Wishing you and yours all the very best for 2022 - I am going to endeavour not to take things for granted... well the special things that are important to me anyway.

Righto, Gotto Go.... time to prepare to see the New Year in (which will mean BBQ, shower and pyjamas)

Catch up with you next year .... 

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely December finishes. Love the quilting on Mama Tambo & Splendid. The blocks really shine. Happy New years. Hugs, xx

Jennifer said...

Excellent finishes, Fiona.......love your blackwork, and Mama Tambo and your Splendid quilt. Happy New Year - and I will join you in my jammies too!

Chantal said...

You did a lot in December but then again, you almost have great sewing months. Your blackwork pillow is so pretty. I love it. Hope you get some cooler weather just because it's nicer when it's cooler. :^D
I wish you a wonderfully pleasant New Year, the kind that we remember for a long time. I know you will get there before me, but I will join you in my pyjamas.
Hugs. ;^)

Terry said...

You've done well...Happy New Year! :0)

simplestitches said...

you have been a busy bee again this year Fiona!
Can you post a full photo of your Splendid Sampler Quilt? love the pink sashings!
and love that cushion!

Maria said...

Fabulous finishes for December Fiona and like you I enjoy blogging and appreciate the ladies who help keep us on track…..
Enjoy your evening and best wishes for 2022.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Mama Tembo is a wonderful pattern. That looks like a fun one to make. Congratulations on your successful year.

Jane said...

thank you for all your inspiration Fiona, all the best for you and your family.

Karen's Korner said...

A very busy and productive month in the sewing room. Looking forward to sewing along with you in the New Year.

loulee said...

You have had a great year. Here's to another good year. Wishing you all the best for 2022.

marina said...

Beautiful December finishes. Love the quilting projects you have completed too.
Look forward to seeing them all bound and complete.
wishing you a wonderful New year!

Chookyblue...... said...

happy new year....you have got lots done...... looking forward to seeing what you get up to in 2022......

Sue2sew said...

Great finishes for 2021. I think I will steal the idea with the sewing lady pouches. I have a panel with some ladies from the same designer and I haven’t been sure what to do with it. Great idea.Thanks. Sue

Helen said...

Fantastic finishes Fiona, glad you enjoyed the black work....

Sharm said...

Some super finishes in that lot!!! I've been told my comments left on blogs are not going to the bloggers email notification but unsure how to fix that - apparently there are a few of us with this issue.

Ondrea said...

Happy New year to you. I love the cushion. I think you have mastered that technique beautifully. Love those pouches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>