Thursday, May 20, 2021

A sweet finish....


This sweet baby pram quilt finally got the binding sewn down this week....


I used left over fabrics from a project and added the plain pink....
I love than pinwheel backing....


The third block for "From The Heart" is done and Block 4 has been started.  There are 9 blocks to do for this one...


I did a bunch more of half hexagon pieces this week..... I need to start organising them into light, medium and dark next....


I have changed from making small squares with this yarn and now doing one piece.... I want it to be a light shawl....  


Four more blocks for my Medallion Foundation Paper Pieced mini quilt....  these are taking me about an hour each.  These blocks will finish 4 x 2".  I hope to get some more done over the weekend...


I found a packet of folded HST's whilst sorting the other day... these were left over from a sample made for a shop.  There is quite a lot of them.  In between quilting when I need a stretch I go over to the ironing board and press a few.....  next will be all the trimming to size!


Another busy sewing week doing a bit of this and a bit of that ..... my stick blender died when I was trying to puree the pumpkin soup so that will need to be replaced and this morning the chest freezer was tripping the electricity so that is being retired too.... Luckily I was able to squeeze all that was in it to a fridge/freezer...  we won't bother replacing that.  Hopefully the light bulb that blew counts for the third thing!!!  

I hope you have been having a good week... and got some stitching done... and didn't break any implements....

Righto, Gotto Go.... tea time smoko is over!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, that's a bugger - having those appliances die all at once! That's a sweet baby quilt, and I await the result of the triangles find.

Maria said...

Must be catching as we’ve had blocked sinks , both water pumps stopped and my computer is at the doctors..

Sweet baby quilt and I like your block...Boy those EPPed blocks look so tedious to made....

Karen's Korner said...

Things happen in 3's and you have had your turn so all will be good for a while. Sweet pram quilt. I see a HST quilt in your future.

Cheryll said...

Well... now it's time for three finishes to change the luck...
Lovely little pram cover & those HST will be put to a good use I'm sure...xox

Karen S said...

Lovely finish on the pram quilt. And all the blocks you are working on look wonderful.
Yes, fingers crossed you have had your run of three.

Jane said...

what a lovely collection of projects to be working on. The baby quilt looks lovely, I feel I have a scrap quilt coming on :)

Jeanette said...

Oh dear. I hope nothing more happens & that the lightbulb was number 3. The baby quilt is beautiful. Love the vase block & thos cute foundation pieced blocks. Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Isn't that just the way, things happen all at once! Love the baby quilt, the backing is very cute. Your vase block is gorgeous and the little foundation paper pieces are wonderful. Enjoy your weekend sewing.

Susan said...

a bad run with the appliances - but lovely progress on the sewing front!

Janice said...

You have been having a time of it with electrical. I did too. The round fluoro ceiling light in my sewing room started tripping the electricity. It actually had two bulbs, so we just removed the one with troublesome wiring until we can go shopping. You are making great progress with your stitching. The panel with the urn is beautiful. Enjoy playing with all those. HSTs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>