Thursday, August 4, 2016

Flimsy done.......

I made the blocks for this quilt some months ago.... I did a bunch of them wrong so it went into the sulking box..... Now they are together the mistakes don't really show and over the last few days I sewed the borders on ....


I love the fresh colours of this 30's Playtime range.... The pattern is by Kate Henderson from Two Little Banshees  and was found in the December 2014 Homespun.



It's going to sit in the 'waiting to be quilted' place - but at least it has moved from the 'sulking' place!

Some lovely mail this week.  A postcard all the way from Maryland, USA from Sunny where it is summery and a lovely flower is exactly what I needed now there is not much in our garden.  

Sheila hosts these postcard swaps and they are a great way to meet new friends and make a piece of art without a huge committment....


This is one of the Splendid Sampler blocks I recently finished... and then discovered I left out the circle in the middle!  Never mind it is pretty as it is.  A long way around all those edges which I did in single thread blanket stitch......


I've got quite a few to catch up on with these blocks.... need some machine piecing time - anybody got some available? 

I continue whenever I can with my Dutch Treat Quilt blocks.... this one is rather pretty with it's curves and frame....


You can start to see the shading of the different background fabrics now I have done a few....


I finished another block yesterday ... those tiny pieces of light colour in the middle nearly drove me over the edge!


18 blocks done.... only 178 to go......

Righto, Gotto Go.... I have a desire to sew a piglet.....


23 comments:

Pamela said...

Lovely show and tell today!

Jane said...

I love the variety of your week, all that hand stitching must be so relaxing

Anonymous said...

Hi my lovely friend ,boy i love your flimsy,glad you got it back out of the sulking box and your blocks are beautiful and i love the postcard,you are very clever Fiona and i always love seeing what you are up to,enjoy your evening xx

Helen said...

Love your quilt and the term sulking box :)

Helen said...

Lovely postcard from sunny and your splendid sampler block looks great not to mention your gorgeous Dutch treat blocks :)

Jeanette said...

The quilt is very pretty. Love the postcard & your blocks. Hugs, xx

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous quilt! Such a pretty postcard......and your sampler blocks are coming along nicely.

sunny said...

I Love that baby quilt! The colors are just so pretty. Glad you like your postcard. I can't believe how quickly you got it. Great job on all your blocks.

Maria said...

a pretty flimsy waiting to be quilted...
Sunny's postcard is lovely and all your blocks are beautiful.

WoolenSails said...

It is a nice feeling to finish something we put aside and your quilt came out beautifully.
I cannot see any mistakes, looks wonderful to me.

Debbie

Sue SA said...

More beautiful work Fiona, not time to spare here, but I can see you definitely fill your days productively!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful quilt Fiona....I have lots in my sulking box lol! Beautiful postcard from Sunny and DT is amazing x

kiwikid said...

Beautiful flimsy Fiona, too nice to be in the sulking box!!! That is a beautiful postcard. .lovely to arrive in the mail. Your blocks are looking beautiful...haven't found any spare time here but will keep looking.

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt, lovely postcard from Sunny and lovely blocks !

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh my goodness, 178 to go!!! You are more patient that I am I think!! Lovely flimsy... gorgeous colors xx

Karen S said...

Great finish on the flimsy. What mistakes?? I can only see individual approach the piecing going on.
The Dutch Treat blocks do look good together!!!

Susan said...

OMGosh that SS block would have taken quite a while hand stitching...the bottom right dutch treat must have also taken a while...a bigger "while" I suspect - I think you are just a glutton for punishment. Like the "Sulking box" idea - that is where my baltimore quilt is sitting...:-(

Wendy said...

what a lovely quilt top, I like the pastels and I for one can't see any mistakes. Those Dutch Treat blocks are so unusual, that's going to be an amazing quilt when you've done. I hope you don't mean a live piglet...

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow that flimsy is so pretty....glad it's out of the sulking box lol! Fiona you get so much done....happy sewing to you this weekend!

Janice said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes boo boos. As you say, you can't see them. The top looks lovely.

Lin said...

I agree with you about the colours of the fabrics in your top - very fresh and very pretty - I am glad it has moved on. Great postcard and and your Dutch blocks are looking lovely. xx

KaHolly said...

Sew much eye candy, I don't know where to begin! I don't see any mistakes on you quilt! It's gorgeous, in fact! XO

Chookyblue...... said...

Yes catching up on posts.....
I really like the quilt.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>