Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day Trip.....

A bus load of us went to Brisbane for this...


no pictures allowed inside but HERE is information and a couple of pictures.

The Ruth Stoneley exhibition was right next door and it was great to see the work of someone who had been very influential in this area

I have to say there is nothing like seeing the real thing .... they were lovely and I couldn't believe the tiniest of hand stitching on some of the luxurious silk covers... just amazing...

With all the oohing and aaahing it was very hunger making so we popped in to the local cafe for some lunch...

I had the haloumi cheese, with watercress, pomegranate salad..... oh yummmmm


of course on the way back we stopped off for some tea.... quilters can bake!!!


I heard some lovely bird calls so I went off into the park area



 to see what I could find.... 


.... a sound box.....

... no birds but it enticed me to have a little walk in the gardens....

I loved the use of spray to create this little micro climate for the ferns 



this handsome fellow was standing guard.... (about 20" long)
his tail is a bit damaged but he still stood proud ....


this morning has been fun with a group of visitors
(I have usually only had 1 or 2 of these yellow crested cockatoos come visit)


and the other fellow watched from the roof.... I think mum and dad and two youngsters...


Righto, Gotto Go...that lot have cleaned out the feeder and I'm ready for coffee ....

22 comments:

Cheryll said...

What a lovely way to spend the day! :)

Susan said...

What a lovely day put. I would love to see that exhibition......I won't give up hope until it closes! We have lots of different birds in our garden too, visiting ones are the best kind.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a way to spend a Day Bubz......lucky you...

Jennifer said...

I would love to see that exhibition but it doesn't look like it will happen.....boo hoo......so lucky you!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

What a terrific day it's a shame that no pics were aloud (but understandable) Tricky bird boom box.

Anita said...

Fantastic pics Fiona, looks like a fun day was had. Pity you couldn't take pics inside, they would've been lovely to share. Love the birds and Mr Lizard.
Cheers, Anita.

Jeanette said...

Lovely day out. I'm hoping to get to the exhibition soon. Must remember to ask a couple of friends tonight if they are interested in going with me. Hugs,

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day. hugs

Anonymous said...

Hopped over to look at the link....wow! amazing quilts for sure! Your day looked wonderful (and the "bird boom box" is too funny!). Hugs........

Susie said...

oh looks like fun! I like the way the holoumi cheese was counter-acted with something really health with lettuce and pomegranate. Its making my mouth water. lol.

Marilyn said...

I went before the Ruth Stoneley one opened, maybe a reason to go back for another look. lol. Such amazing quilts there. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

what a lovely day you had Fiona,that lunch sounds yummy.xx

Susan said...

A lovely day all round by the sounds of it...I'm yet to get to the big exhibition - though I have seen the Ruth Stonely one. That was great.

Karen said...

Looks like another perfect day! They may be noisy, but I do enjoy the cockies!

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a lovely day. I loved both exhibitions especially Ruth's being a local girl and all. Love your visitors :-)

Mistea said...

Sounds like a lovely day all round. Inspired for some hand sewing projects?
Tricky birds haha! Was that at the parklands?

Deb R said...

Looks like a great day, especially sharing with fellow quilters!!

Sheila said...

Sounds like the perfect day out , love the birds you have come to your feeder , so much more exotic than I have :-) hugs Sheila

Joy McD said...

Looks like lots of fun! I should really go to a quilt show one day... xxx

marina said...

what a great day! I have been trying to talk dh into us making a trip to see this expo. Too many other things keep popping up.

Maria said...

Loved reading about your visit to the art gallery. You took some wonderful photos of those birds!

Barb said...

So enjoyed your photos

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>