Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fun in the Sun ........

Today was one of those extraordinary beautiful and calm winter days so I had to get outside .....

These gourds were painted previously by darlings ES and DIL but had got very sunburnt and moulted!  They need to be sorted before they (ES/DIL) visit later this year.......

Hubz primed them many weeks ago...........


I set myself up comfortably in the sun with a mug of coffee.........


......it is hard not to just sit and look at the view and listen to the birds ...............


Two cups of coffee and two coats of paint later..........


..... just need a permanent home now.......

They are rather cute aren't they?

5 comments:

marina said...

they look great, like abstract flamingos in a garden. I love them.

Unknown said...

how cool, yes they look like tropical birds taking a break there in your garden!

KaHolly said...

Have you ever dried them out and made bird houses from them? Gourds are so much fun. You certainly made YOURS fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog this today, and leaving such a nice comment. I'd love it if you popped in every once in awhile, if not more! ~karen

Maria said...

I just love them. I could find a home for them in my garden!!

Barb said...

Yes, they are rather cute....glad you could enjoy some sun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>