Sunday, August 18, 2024

Third week of August


This week I started joining up hexagons for my Field Journal blocks.... I am also still self framing the cream and teal hexagons....  lots more of them to do.....


Machine sewing day with friends I started working on a project I cut up years ago.... so long ago I have forgotten how gorgeous and rich these fabrics are.  Luckily I had a drawing of what I was planning to do with them and they were all kitted up in little groups of colours so I could just sit and sew....


These are not sewn together but this is how the big blocks will look.... I still have quite a few of the smaller blocks to make before I do this....


The UFO box it is in is called "Man Quilt" !

My pretty Intermezzo scarf has been neglected... I do need to concentrate on this one .....

However, I did do a few more shells this week and I am over half way.... I started the first ball from the inside and then the second ball from the outside with the hope it will end up sortof the same each end....


Way back in 2011 my local daughter was into browns and I made up this chocolate coloured quilt for her in the disappearing 9 patch block.

Now she is into different colours so we did a trade... I took this quilt back and will recycle it...


It's quite fun to see how my quilting has changed... my feathers are quite different these days....


Splendid Sampler went to live with her.... I love that quilt and was sad to see it go but happy it has gone where it is loved and used.... (silly me I get attached to them!!)


The back was pieced with left over fabrics and blocks .....


I had used lots of coordinating scraps and smaller pieces of fabrics - just bought the sashing and border.

Righto, Gotto Go.... it's a stunning late Winter/early Spring day and I have a Caswell block to prepare....

Have a good week....xx






13 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Loving those blocks in the UFO box. Nice work on the scarf.

Jennifer said...

Giving a quilt away is like sending a child out into the world.....your "man quilt" blocks are related to the blue and green quilt I have waiting for binding!

Lin said...

Lovely to see FJ coming together. I think your daughter got a very good trade deal there. Love the fabrics in your 'Man' quilt and what a great design. Some happy hooking too. Enjoy your spring weather - starting to feel like autumn here, already! xx

Chantal said...

Love how FJ is coming along. The 'Man Quilt' has some awesome prints. This new block design is of your creation? Love it! I also love your daughter's "old" quilt. She took good care of it as it still looks new from what I can see. It is not silly to get attached to them. We spend so many hours with a quilt that a bond forms even if it's not a living thing. Human! Aren't we the funny group? Enjoy the beautiful day! (It is raining here, again!) ;^)

Maria said...

Can’t wait to see all your FJ come together.
Nice blokes quilt in the UFO box.
I think your daughter did a good trade.

Jeanna said...

I enjoy seeing all of your projects but those hexies get me every time.

loulee said...

Love the man quilt from the UFO box, that is going to be beautiful. Your old DNP is lovely too. How will you recycle it? Your scrarf is going to be so pretty.

Julie said...

Gosh I would most certainly get attached to quilts too Fiona, especially after all the hours of work you put into them. I was just thinking how pretty those pale brown/fawn quilt blocks were & then I read it is titled Man Quilt!! Or Woman Quilt I think 😉

marina said...

so great to see how the field journal blocks will go together with the stepping stones. love the warm coffee colours in your two projects (old and new).
how lucky is your daughter to swap her quilt over. You are like a quilt library!
great work on your scarf-on the home stretch now

Karen S said...

You have been busy. Love seeing the hexies coming together.
And I am impressed that you kept a drawing of your plans for the quilt in a box!
That is lovely to be able to swap around quilts with your daughter. You are very lucky that she wants to use them.

Barwitzki said...

Your Splendid Sampler is so beautiful... your daughter will love it.
Every now and then I get some Fair Isle knitwear back from my daughter that she used to like... and I already wear some hats that she took with her once :-)))
Your new - old - fabrics look so exciting that you started a top with... I'm really looking forward to seeing more. Have fun working.
Hug from Viola

Janice said...

I think it is lovely that your daughter like Splendid Sampler. It is beautiful. The pattern in the man quilt is so simple yet effective.

kiwikid said...

Nice to see the quilts being swapped over - sad to see it go but happy it is wanted!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>