Thursday, October 26, 2023

Last week of October....


A quick note to Kathleen who kindly leaves regular comments..... I don't have your email and no details on your profile so I can't answer you - I do really appreciate your kind words though..... 

Officially October is still Spring here in Australia, but this week has definitely been Summer and so I have stayed indoors with the aircon on and done lots of sewing.... (been up to 34 and tomorrow is predicted to be 19!)

I finished off putting the oriental blocks together so now it is a quilt top.... this is one for Community Quilting so I took it in on Tuesday together with the ready made binding.... 

Quite an effective way to use 10" squares and I will do it again sometime.....


I also took in my version of Convergence for Show and Tell.  I did the quilting and binding on Monday....


I used a thread which has just a subtle bit of sparkle, can't see it in the photograph but it does twinkle...


On Tuesday at Quilt Group I started the applique of tree trunks.... 


I picked up a couple of quilts to do all over quilting on as well as a small bit of needleturn that needs doing - (donated blocks that were unfinished)

On Wednesday I went to meet up with a friend and pick up an order..... look at this gorgeous baby Joey which is a gift for a special little man.... so well made .... he is made with fabric that has lots of different Ausi animals/birds.


Over the week I finished off all these bowl cosy gifts... that's 13 altogether..... I am bowled out now!


This all makes for quite a busy week in the sewing room.... 

I hope you have all had a lovely week....




10 comments:

Lin said...

Those fabrics do look gorgeous with their black sashing and I knew the convergence would be quilted beautifully, it looks stunning. xx

loulee said...

Oh my goodness you have been busy. The wee Joey is adorable and your 10 inch squares look great, what an interesting pattern.

Jennifer said...

Well done, Fiona....and I love that cute joey!

Chantal said...

Love the prints on the black background. So nice. I bet there were a lot of Ohs and Ahs on Monday when the group saw your Convergence quilt. Absolutely love this one. Baby Joey is adorable. I'm sure the little man will fall in love too. Great job on the bowls! Enjoy the weekend! ;^)

Janice said...

Gee, the Japanese quilt is effective for such a simple design. I have some indigenous fabrics which would work well with that design. I love the way that the Convergence turned out. Joey is so cute. Your trees are looking so sweet.

Julie said...

It all looks amazing as usual Fiona. I just love the simplicity of those tree blocks. Your bowl stash is wonderful - great for Chrissy gifts. That Joey is so beautiful - lovely fabrics & pattern. xx

Susan said...

Very effective use of the Japanese fabrics..simple but stunning...as are teh trees and convergence...Love the little Joey.

but I do need to add - October is Spring . . . even though some days have felt like the middle of summer!

Karen S said...

You did fit a lot into your week.
The donation quilt with Japanese fabric came up really well.
And your convergence quilt is quite stunning. I like how you have use that part as a background.
The trees are looking great, too.
Love that joey!!!!

Ondrea said...

Lol, it feels like winter here in Vic. Love Joey. Your trees are interesting and quite pretty. More beautiful projects.

kiwikid said...

You have been very busy, love the Japanese fabric quilt and your convergence quilt, the tree blocks are fantastic and the fabric Joey is super cute, perfect fabric for him! Great stack of bowl cosies, well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>