Friday, October 6, 2023

First week of October.....


Already October - goodness, September seemed to roll by extra fast....

I am pleased to say I have finished the top for Gossip in the Garden... such a fun quilt which I have been sewing along with Michelle.....

I used fabrics from my Tilda scrap box and mainly only needed to add background fabrics.   There is so much to each little block, some applique, some embroidery, some piecing..... it has it all!



Cutting and sorting for the border took a fair bit of manipulating... and mitred corners!!! (easier than I thought)

I also finished this panel of Sashiko.  It is hard to see but I have used two different (but coordinating) variegated threads


Now I have two... and not sure what to do with them ..... but they were fun to sew!



Some more crochet squares have been hooked....


and some pinning and sewing done.... (these are what I was sewing at the sewing retreat day)


I need 72 of these little 3 1/2" squares..... the coloured parts of liberty lawn and really quite fine to sew 


They will be very pretty once all done....

So that is the sewing for the week recorded...... 

I hope you have a lovely weekend....



16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Gossips looks gorgeous. Love the Sashiko panels. cute little squares.

kiwikid said...

Love your quilt top Fiona - good motivation to have someone to sew along with! The sashiko panels are great as are your crochet squares - what are they for? Lovely block with the Liberty fabric. Enjoy your weekend too.

Jennifer said...

Well done, your quilt top is pretty....mitred corners aren't difficult and the more you do, the better you become! How big are your Sashiko pieces - could they be used for pillows, even if bordered by other fabrics?

Lin said...

Gossip is very splendid! Lots to look at - one of those where you see something different every time. The sashiko panels look lovely - I hope you find a nice way to show them off. xx

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Oh my word...what a gorgeous quilt and all the work that must have gone into it. It's a beauty and an heirloom too. I have not tried Sashiko but it looks like so much fun. I wonder if you could do it on wool or felt? Not sure what you were pinning and sewing but the fabrics are lovely. Did you notice on the the one with the blue flowers it looks like a snake winding around the stems? Quite unusual....but the fabrics are so pretty. You got more done than I could do in a year or more, lol! Lovely projects!

Julie said...

Oh My goodness Fiona ... Tilda & Liberty & Sashiko!!💕💗 So much prettiness in this post. Love everything ... Gossip is so beautiful - you must be so chuffed with it. I am wondering if you could make a cushion cover with the Sashiko - it could be reversible? Not sure if it is the right size but does look like it. xx

Karen's Korner said...

Lots of gorgeous eye candy in that post.

marina said...

LOVE your gossip in the garden quilt, such a beautiful finish!
Sashiko looks amazing too. look forward to seeing what they become.

Ondrea said...

GITG is soooo pretty! Looove your Sashikos and how you used the red thread. Table runners?

Maria said...

“Gossips” beautiful…
Neat pile of crocheted squares.
Sashiko blocks would make great cushions…
Interesting new project .

Janice said...

Gossip is gorgeous. Your fabric choices are perfect. Now to get it quilted….or added to the pile. LOL. I’m sure you will find some use for your Sashiko panels. I have one and don’t know what to do with it either. Have fun with those little curved blocks.

Raewyn said...

Gossip in the Garden is gorgeous, Fiona. Such a good choice of fabric and well done with the mitred corners! The sashiko panels look great - I hear of people mostly making them into cushions. The curved blocks will sew up quickly now that you've done all that pinning (hopefully!).

WoolenSails said...

Your quilt came out beautifully, that is a lot of work and love put into it. I love the look of Sashiko, but I have a hard time doing large stitches, every time I try, they get smaller.

Debbie

Deb said...

Wow that is a beautiful top and the lovely little liberty blocks are very dainty. Stay safe and sew on!

Chantal said...

Congratulations on finishing Gossip in the Garden! Awesome! Love the softness of it all. Great job on the Sashiko project. Your stitches are always so even. Gorgeous! Plenty of pins in your fabric porcupine, lol. I should continue working on mine but Squirrel ... Oh yes! Enjoy! ;^)

Karen S said...

Lovely finish on the quilt top and the sashiko.
Beautiful work in both.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>