Thursday, July 20, 2023

Third week of July

Lovely winter weather here this week, cold nights and beautiful days

I have sewn the last 2 of the Field Journal embroideries


They have been so fun to stitch and I will enjoy putting them all into hexagons.

I now have a pretty vast collection of the Cottage Garden Threads and a new project to use them in...... thinking ahead of course!


I have started sewing the tarts on.... you can see the flat ones are stitched down.  It's a challenge to grip the ones in the centre with all the fabric but I will take it slowly ......


I have done July's blocks for K-Drama-Drama BOM hosted by Meerkat Shweshwe 
Modern, different, challenging and not overly time taxing....  I am improving my curved piecing - the light grey was added using buttonhole applique.


This week at Quilt Group they had a Mystery Quilt sewing day.  I got a fair bit done but brought the blocks home to trim and finish off..... they are all placed in their separate bags to avoid confusion.


I still have some homework to do... I'll try and finish these off this weekend so I can forget about them until the next sewing day in August.....


Righto, Gotto Go... I need to do a bit of sorting and tidying in the sewing room then off to town this afternoon.  We are going to watch this new movie Oppenheimer and then do the dreaded groceries.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.....


12 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely final two FJ stitcheries. Yes I can imagine your stash of threads as they don't use very much. The tarts and pies are looking fantastic. xx

Jennifer said...

Well done on finishing all those stitcheries! Some nice threads to use up now.....any ideas?

Chantal said...

Love your Field Journal stitcheries. I think you kept the best for last. Gorgeous! To sew down the tarts, do you use a hoop? One at a time and you'll see the end of it soon enough. Enjoy the movie. ;^)

Raewyn said...

The last two stitcheries are a lovely way to finish your stitching on FJ :-) And wow the little tarts look great there with your Pies. Lots of hand stitching but I guess all pretty straight forward and one you'd really get into a rhythm with! The mystery sewing at quilt group looks interesting and well done on the curve work! Hope you enjoyed the movie.

Karen's Korner said...

Stunning peacock. Looking forward to seeing the mystery develop.

Julie said...

I did the dreaded groceries this morning too Fiona. Not a job I enjoy. I absolutely love the Field Journals & the tarts ... love everything you seem to work on. Happy sewing room tidy up - I have done mine this week too & now I cant find a thing!!! 😖 xx

Maria said...

Two more beautiful FJ blocks.
Slowly your getting the Pies and Tarts together
The mystery looks interesting.

Susan said...

Hope you enjoy the Mystery Quilt...

Yes I call them that too "dreaded groceries"

Janice said...

The final two FJ blocks look lovely. I look forward to seeing your new embroidery project evolve, when the time comes. It didn’t take you long to start stitching own the tarts. It’s looking good. Have fun with your mystery and I hope you enjoyed the movie. Let us know what you think of it.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Looking forward to seeing what your mystery quilt looks like! The field journal blocks are so sweet... I used to enjoy grocery shopping, not so much anymore! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

plowing ahead with the tarts.....

Karen S said...

Lovely to see the tarts getting sewn on.
And I hope you enjoyed the film.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>