Saturday, February 4, 2023

FNWF February

Thanks Cheryll for having us for FNWF.....  a lovely no pressure way of stitching with others, just sew something and share on your blog... and visit the other bloggers who joined in....

After a full day out I sat with a few things to work on....  

First up was mending!!  a pair of shorts for the young man staying here which has a unwanted split in a seam.

Then I got out a bit of crochet - I am wanting to use up random balls of pure wool, so I am trying to do 15 minutes of crochet each day... doesn't go very far and at the moment it is so hot humid that 15 minutes is my limit with wool...


This is 3 days worth of 15 minutes....


One of the ladies at quilt group has a woodworking husband and he made a few of these yarn holders.  The top works a bit like a lazy susan and twists round with the ball of wool.....
I have found it less likely to pull and bounce around....



This Field Journal block only needed a couple of leaves stitched.....


Then I glue basted more hexagons and placed them how I will sew the panel.... you can see a couple of rows on the right that I have started with the stitching...


Thanks again Chez, always good to focus on getting a few bits sewn...

Righto, Gotto Go.... my second morning coffee calls, have a lovely weekend...



19 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely projects. The FJ stitchery is gorgeous.

Jennifer said...

That's a very nifty yarn holder! Interesting Field Journal block....it has a slight Art Deco feel.

Chantal said...

This morning we were at minus 43C in the wind. It didn't get much warmer during the day even though the sun was out. This fridge temperature is to stay all weekend. Lots of sewing time. Love the colour of your wool. So vibrant! The Field Journal's is very different from the others. I love it even more for it. Enjoy the Hexies. ;^)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and sewing with us. I like to see how your projects are going…xox

Anonymous said...

Sorry the above comment was from me… I’m undercover 😜

Cheryll said...

Sorry AGAIN.. it's me...

Astrid said...

Nice projects. Pretty FJ stitchery. Hot & humid here too.

Karen's Korner said...

A lovely variety of projects got some attention. Love the yarn holder.

Karen S said...

It is tricky trying to find ways to use the left over wool. Good luck keeping up the 15 minutes each day!!
Love the field journal, as always.
And the hexies do look pretty!

Maria said...

You managed to work on some lovely projects and I'm sure the young man was pleased you fixed his seam....

Lin said...

I do like your yarn holder - well it's wood so I would! But it does look useful. Nice projects Fiona. xx

Janice said...

Every little bit of stitching it crochet is progress. That’s a great yarn holder. Beautiful and functional.

loulee said...

Great yarn holder. You have made lovely progress. Those hexies are beautiful.

Ondrea said...

Ooo I can't resist hexies. That FJ block is an interesting one. Hope you keep up with your crocheting. Lol, it is cold here and we had a nasty storm Friday night with hail covering everything like snow! Last month of summer and I am still waiting for it.

Jane said...

that yarn holder is beautiful

Jeanna said...

You were very productive Friday, love all your projects. The wool is such a pretty color of blue. The yarn holder is not only functional but very pretty.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Completely forgot FNWF.....pretty wool for your crochet. Lovely lot of hexies xx

Radka said...

I like your Field Journal page!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Interesting Field Journal Block, like the design.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>