Friday, February 10, 2023

2nd week February


Another fun busy week with a couple of sewing with friends days included .... almost half way through the month.....

15 minutes a day of crochet is happening, sometimes more, having a video chat with 92 year old Mum-in-law - I am always so impressed she has learnt the technology so that we can video chat, and crochet is an easy project to have on my lap.

I have a basket of wool balls and I'm just really picking any and using it - there are quite a few of some colours and less of others


I have cut up and sewn a bunch of strips leftover from a doona which I had used as backing on a quilt as well as strips of wadding cut from the sides after quilting.... amazing how they gather so quickly


Rolled and stitched and I now have a giant ball of rug making strip ......  Quilt group are having a workshop to make a bath mat with short strips sewn together.  I fancied making one but keeping one long strip and making it oval shape so I'm doing my own workshop at home....


My first block for Gossip in the Garden has come together.....  I'm sewing this with Michelle


... and a pink scrappy house for RSC...


I did finish a long piece of vine on CWB - but there is not much of interest to see and then I picked up this sweet bambi stitchery which is part of Field Journal....


and one panel of hexagons is sewn together ...


So all in all lots of sewing done - very satisfactory however my list of wanting to get done does not seem to be getting smaller!

Righto, Gotto Go - awake in the early hours and I think I'll try and get a little more naptime before the sun comes up....





19 comments:

Jeanna said...

Oh my, Fiona. You certainly have had a very busy and creative week. Always nice to see what you are up to.

Jeanette said...

You have been busy with lovely projects. Good on your MIL, that is very impressive & so nice that you are able to chat face to face.

loulee said...

That is great progress for less than half a month.

Jennifer said...

Well done on the stitching! Kudos to your MIL, there are many younger folk who still haven't come to grips with that technology.

Maria said...

That’s great to chat to your MIL while crocheting ๐Ÿงถ..
Great progress on your Gossip in the Garden and other projects.
Cute Pink House.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see all your projects. I agree that our lists never shrink. There are far too many interesting things to make and I want to do all of them.

Lin said...

Your first Gossip blocks looks lovely and such a pretty pink house. Technology comes easier to some than others especially if determined! Great to chat to your MIL. The 96 year old cousin of my Father is always up for a whatsapp chat which is nice for him as he hardly goes out now. Happy stitching. xx

Janice said...

Good luck with your 15 minutes each day. The bath mat should be nice and soft. I love the colours in Gossip. It will be really pretty.

Chantal said...

Leftover yarns always make beautiful blankets. I'm intrigued by that ball of rug-making strips. Have a lovely weekend. ;^)

Jane said...

looking forward to seeing your rug

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE your PINK scrappy house for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Fiona!!

scraphappy said...

What a sweet pink scrappy house. So fun that you are able to do a video chat with family.

Jenny said...

I'll be interested to see how your bath mat evolves.

Ondrea said...

Very yummy projects happening there. I am interested in seeing how you use those strips.

Pink Rose said...

Beautiful work Fiona ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿค๐ŸŒน

Jeanne said...

You have lots of fun projects simmering!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Amazing MIL has her head around technology...good for her. You've been busy...Gossip bits are really lovely. Look forward to seeing your rug xx

WoolenSails said...

I have been trying to catch up and I see you have been very busy lately. I am finally getting more energy for quilting again and getting them ready for quilting and piecing others together. I like to make rugs with scraps and fun to get them ready and rolled, much easier to work with.

Debbie

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

How lovely that you DMIL has learned how to video chat - and yes crochet is perfect to do at the same time! Love your Gossip in the garden block, so pretty... looking forward to seeing how your rug turns out! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>