Thursday, February 2, 2023

First week of February

I am going to try and continue regular weekly blog posts with the odd one in between... and using very unoriginal titles of which week we are in the month!

This week I went to quilt group..... as usual there was some show and tell... not many but some beauties...

This lovely little one had so much to look at....



some very delicate beautiful lace  with stitching and charms...


Some artistic baubles....



A fun Christmas quilt....



I did enjoy this fun pinwheel circles quilt ... I liked the little break in the border with the fine line



Another clever lap quilt... the background really shows up the blocks...



I took in my Puzzle Box quilt, a few people asked about the pattern as it is a good one for scraps and not too hard to make.... It is HERE 


I sat in between chats and glue basted a bunch of hexagons... I need to make 2 panels for Gossip in the Garden (if I had realised this I might not have opted to do the quilt!!!!)


I didn't have enough fabrics ready so I do need to do more but I have planned out one set to start stitching together.

Growing up at meals I was always taught to start with the food I least liked and then it was done... I am following that principal with this quilt!


As I mentioned it was de-stash day at quilt group...... I got these four 1 metre length pieces which I thought may come in use sometime... they were $5 each


then a set of fat 1/8ths that were 50c each....


I really should have a bit of a plan when I go and buy for a purpose rather than 'might be useful one day'

Some work has been done on the borders for Civil War Bride - there is still lots of leaves, flowers and birds to add....



- and still more vine on the top border (which I thought I had done) .


Righto, Gotto Go...... I need to dig into the pink scrap bucket to chop up for this month's RSC.

Tomorrow night is FNWF at Cheryll's.... I'll be there working on those hexagons

Have a lovely weekend....


13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely show & tell. Nice stash enhancement. :)

kiwikid said...

Wonderful show and tell. Nice hexies you will love them by the time you are finished! Great pick up for your stash.

Susan said...

I enjoy seeing show & tell from the club - always lots of interesting projects...if only it wasn't so far...)
What great bargains you got.

The hexies are good to do in a group - doesn't seem as boring if you have company!

Jennifer said...

Love seeing your show and tell, Fiona! I have to say I'm with you on hexies......my theory on buying fabric is, if you buy what you like it will (eventually!) all go together.

Jane said...

How big will the hexagon panels be? I do love hexagons

Lin said...

As always great show and tell from your group. I love the lacy piece and agree with you about the split border and the turquoise background fabric. Lots of lovely hexagons - have fun! Haha. xx

Jeanna said...

My goodness, Fiona. You've had a great first week of February. Your quilt group is full of talent. I really like your Puzzle Box quilt. Thank you for sharing the pattern. I look forward to seeing the hexies you come up with Friday night.

Karen's Korner said...

Love looking at show and tells....plenty of inspiration for future projects. Nice pickups at de-stash day.

loulee said...

Thank you for the show and tell, some lovely inspiration there.
It's only a few hexies, you can manage them.

ButterZ said...

Beautiful show n tell. Thanks for sharing

Chantal said...

That first quilt is AMAZING!! WOW! Just a little one but so much work in it. Every inch is interesting. Gorgeous! I too like the break in the large floral border. Different. I have yet to make a quilt with a coloured background. I did a black one many years ago. I should give this a try at least once. I like this light green. Your Puzzle Box is so pretty. Enjoy the Hexies! ;^)

Janice said...

There’s some clever girls at your quilt group. Thanks for sharing the pattern link. I may use it. Good on you for using the kissing frogs principle with Gossip. Knowing you, the hexies will be over and done with in no time. Have fun playing with all that vine.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Buying for purpose?? mmm, I've heard of that concept but seriously, how much more fun the "oh I like that!" method is :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>