Thursday, October 29, 2020

WOOF, WOOF, WOOFA.....


Thanks Cheryll for keeping us on track with our WOOFA projects

For these I am slowly working through projects that were UFO's at the beginning of the year... some of them ongoing for some time, others fairly recent

Field Journal was started last year.... and because of Covid disruptions Kate and Pam from Cottage Garden Threads were not able to do them this year... but we will be getting more next year.... 

....so I am trying to get last years up to date!!!


These two were done this month..... I really need to make more effort and do more if I am to be up to date by year end....


The other UFO I worked on (was also #6 for the Brisbane Sunday Stitchers UFO challenge)

The stitcheries for United Stitches by Rosalie Dekker were all completed a while ago.... but I needed to make the 4 patch blocks and put it all together.....



Happy to have this cheerful quilt hanging up in my sewing room now....


I started something new.... even though I have too many projects its a bit like a reward for finishing something isn't it????

These are very easy simple stitcheries, designed by Ella & Skysie.  I have done this pattern before and they make a sweet baby quilt


they still need little patches on them.. but I haven't decided on the fabric choice yet


I think I am just starting new things so I have lots ready for UFO challenges next year?????? 

Righto, Gotto Go... very busy quilting presently and been enjoying some gentle hand stitching in the evenings....


Have a lovely rest of the week.....


20 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Good morning my lovely friend,well done on all your beautiful work i love the flower stitcheries they are so pretty,hope your day is a good one Fiona xx

Julie said...

Hello Fiona. I am just playing Catch Up on all my blog reading after my return from Mums. I adore everything you have been working on (as usual!!) but I especially love your Rosalie Dekker quilt. I really love all of her patterns & think your quilt looks really beautiful. Have a great day Fiona. xx

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

congratulations on your WOOFA finish and yes, I agree that you need a reward for working so hard and what better reward than starting a new project?? The Chicken and Sheep stitcheries are sweet and with the added fabric they will be even better. Stay well my friend.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely CGT finished blocks and quilt. Thats my rule....if I have a finish I can have a new beginning xx

Jennifer said...

Love the sheep and the chicken......there would be a cute farmyard print somewhere, I'm sure.

Karen's Korner said...

A very productive month and those stitcheries are just the cutest.

marina said...

such beautiful projects.
Very cute stitcheries, I have an Ella and skysie baby patten that I made a few times. very sweet and simple.
Good job stashing your ufo's, if you're lucky you will have a lovely list for next year! lol

Maria said...

Pretty stitchery's , cute sheep and chick too..
Beautiful finish to have ready to hang in your sewing space.
Hope you got lots of quilting done...

kiwikid said...

Lovely finished quilt for your sewing room. The stitcheries are beautiful and the sheep and chicken are very cute. Good work gathering those ufo's for next year. 😄

Cheryll said...

No need to justify STarTing other projects with me...lol... I live to start something NeW.
Love all your work Fiona...especially the CuTe baby embroidery.
Thanks for playing along with me in WOOFA...xox

Chantal said...

Starting is always so motivating. I love what you've started. Enjoy! ;^)

Hilachas said...

What wonderful projects you're working on. Gorgeous. Congratulations on the finish.

Karen S said...

Well done on your finishes. The little embroideries continue to be so sweet.
And good luck with your farmyard stitching. That is a fun quilt.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your stitcheries are beautiful...you have a very neat hand, as my grandmother would say. Good luck with it all and thanks for sharing. I find embroidery inspiring. Happy Stitching from me!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh I have that pattern too... somewhere! It's so cute.. love your finished wall quilt! xx

Janice said...

Your UFO progress is going well and I do like your plan to continue to have UFOs to work on. You won't get UFOs if you don't start new projects. I may have to start some more, as I am actually getting through my UFOs.

Ondrea said...

Well done finishing so many projects. I love your sheep. I have some patterns of theirs too.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely stitcheries Fiona, your finished quilt is stunning.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful projects to work on. Love the United Stitches quilt, so pretty. I really like the sheep and Chicken. Have a great day!

In stitches and seams said...

Lovely stitching Fiona. What would we do if we didn't have a fresh supply of ufo's.
In stitches Annette

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>