Monday, July 13, 2020

That was a weekend....

Suddenly it is Monday again.....

I spent Saturday doing my own sewing ...

I had these blocks together with the sashing but wanted to use up the leftovers in making a scrappy border.....


It is now a large single bed size...... and I'm happy with it..... 


I did these blocks with Jane's sewalong and learnt some new manipulation of 9 patch blocks

Now it is packed away with a backing, wadding and binding... waiting in the Quilting Queue for the next play date...


There were a bunch of squares still left so I have joined them together..... I was thinking tray mats but there is more than I need... so maybe a tote bag, a couple of tray mats and a mug rug....  they can wait....


Then I started prepping up for the next round of my Love quilt..... 1/2" hexagons... hmmmmm

but they do make sweet little flowers..... 


I have finished my 4 little stitcheries for Wish You Well.... and in the next week I will choose some fabrics and lace and put the block together....

I like the 'simplify' and do think it's good to do that..... too easy to overthink things and make life more difficult that in needs to be....


It appears my comments are back.... I reverted to the old blogger and redid all my email settings..... however a few still come in as no-reply and one doesn't come at all for some reason (so sorry if I'm not responding to you).

Righto, Gotto Go... one of those simple things to do includes hanging out the washing! Yay!!!!

Have a lovely week......


17 comments:

Chantal said...

Love that kind of border. It always looks so good and yours is no exception. It finishes the quilt beautifully. Congrats! Half an inch hexies? Ouch! That is small. The rosettes look wonderful though but my heart goes to the stitchery. So dainty. Wonderful! ;^)

Pink Rose said...

Good morning Fiona. Wow love Ve your quilt the colours are so pretty,well done on all your beautiful work,the stitcheries are cute ,hope you have a wonderful week my friend,take care xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful quilt! Did I hear 1/2 inch hexies...haha! I love your simplify block and yes so true. I posted one blog post through the new platfirm without issues but the 2nd time wouldnt let me delete a photo in the wrong place....so back to the old again!

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful quilt and the hexagons look like another wondering project. I do enjoy making them myself, but a lot of hand work.

Debbie

Jane said...

I love how your quilt has turned out, it'll be nice to have coordinating tray cloths and mug rugs :) Love the hexagons too, even if they're tiny

Jennifer said...

'Simplify' is a wonderful word for these uncertain times of plague! You have been very productive, well done.

Karen's Korner said...

I can see some pretty bags, tray cloths etc coming out of the leftover blocks.
Sweet stitcheries.

Karen S said...

The scrappy border really looks good. Another lovely top finished.
Those little hexies are gorgeous - but little!!!
Great to have the next stitching done for your BOM.
The days do seem to be flying by, even for us in lock down. I suppose that is a good thing.
Glad your comments have sorted out. A lot of people have been frustrated with the new set up.

Janice said...

The Blue quilt will be so pretty and Gail’s designs are so sweet. A very productive time.

Maria said...

A nice single bed Quilt from your squares and some nice projects planned for the others..
Enjoy making the hexies.
Pretty stitcheries...

Just Ramblin' said...

Wow. The scrappy border is awesome
I don't know if I would have the
Patience Todo it. But I really like it. I just got my patterns for wish you well and can't wait to get started. Happy that you got your comments back.

Lin said...

Nice simple border on your quilt Fiona - it looks great. Your stitcheries are lovely too. xx

kiwikid said...

That is a beautiful quilt Fiona, love the border you have done. Your stitcheries are beautiful, I had a giggle over the half inch hexies!! They look very pretty. Your quilting pile must be growing!!

Ondrea said...

The quilt is lovely and I particularly like the borders. Well done! Your stitcheries are sweet. ( I relented and joined that BOM a couple of days ago.) Lots of beautiful projects you are doing.

Louise said...

The nine patches look really great! I like that border with the little squares, kind of like an old fashioned film reel. The blocks are much larger than I thought. Funny how it is so difficult to tell the size in a photo of just the block :)

Raewyn said...

Fun 9-patch quilt Fiona - simple and effective :-) I like how you do the backing and batting when you put it on the quilting pile - my tops get put on the pile by themselves which isn't very organised!

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely quilt fiona.... The little squares in the border really finish it nice.....
Haven't seen those stitcheries before.... Very nice....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>