Wednesday, July 1, 2020

and now it's July.....

I seem to have lost getting emails of my comments... so please accept my apologies if I haven't answered recentlyh.  I have tried a couple of things but it doesn't seem to have worked so I will tick the box after I have posted this until things sort out...  I know a few people have had difficulty recently.... all is not lost just have to adapt...

Half way through the year already....

Machine sewing saw me put these blocks together for Wish You Well BOM

This is May's block....
(which I realised I had missed a little circle after I photographed but its added now)


and this is June's block
(Karen I used lace from the lovely gift you sent me in both of these blocks... thank you)


Here are the two blocks together (with the little heart circle added)


... and progress to date....


Since I only started this project in April I am glad to have got myself up to date... just in time for this months block which is printed and ready for tracing the embroideries....

I also machine sewed on the borders for my Love Quilt so that I could needleturn the little corners on.... 


... and they are all ready... next round is a wider border with 1/2" hexagon flowers!!!


There is no pressure on this project but I am enjoying slowly doing each part to it.....

Building has started next door so there are machines all day.... the clouds have come over which means it is not as cold, I need some groceries so I have to make a trip out... and I am looking forward to a weekend with Hubz, daughter and widget

I hope you have a lovely rest of the week.....



18 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Good morning Fiona wow look at all that beautiful work you are doing ,wow i just adore your love block its gorgeous and so pretty,hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family ,take care xx

kiwikid said...

I hope you can sort the comments Fiona. Your blocks are beautiful, your Love quilt stunning. Enjoy your weekend.

simplestitches said...

they are both lovely BOMs...where did you purchase them from, please Fiona?

Jane said...

They're beautiful Fiona. Have a lovely family weekend

Jennifer said...

OH, that is so pretty - both your projects! I bet those building machines get annoyingly noisy after a while, like about 90 seconds......

Just Ramblin' said...

I love your wish you well blocks. It's going to be amazing when all the blocks are done. Your love block is beautiful. Good luck with the building going on next door.

Chantal said...

I am so in love with your Wish You Well quilt. A Masterpiece in the making, that's what I see. Wonderful work. Enjoy the company! ;^)

Lin said...

Wish you well is looking very pretty. Love is growing nicely too. Enjoy your weekend. You are getting no comments and I was getting mine twice! Thankfully that seems to be sorted now - hope you get yours back. xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

I just love these blocks Fiona, what adorable colors and stitching.

Susan said...

and with building comes dust!! darn

lovely sewing - the Gail Pan blocks are so pretty - and so is Love - must be an Aussie designer month.

Susan said...

PS: _ have you tried deleting your email address and re entering it??

I seem to recall Shez found that solved problems we were having eaarlier.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

So much pretty progress in your quilts. I love all of the little bits of lace that you've added.

I think that with this new version of Blogger, there may be a few little glitches to begin with. Hopefully they're all sorted soon.

Happy Thursday xx

Ondrea said...

Good luck with the building works. We have had building everywhere around and behind us non stop for years apart from the odd couple of weeks here and there. The constant beeping , machinery and radio noise is very stressful. Before a house is finished another is being built or demolished. We barely recognise our street. The LOVE project is so beautiful and the BOM is lovely. You have achieved a lot in such a short time.

Karen's Korner said...

Wish you Well is looking fabulous. Enjoy your weekend.

Louise said...

The lace adds so much interest and texture to the blocks! Will this be a wall hanging? I've been eyeing lace lately to add to quilts, but wonder how they will hold up in the wash. Some laces are sturdier than others, I suppose!

Janice said...

Both your projects are gorgeous. You'll be able to work at a much more leisurely pace on Gail Pan's project now. Enjoy your weekend.

Cheryll said...

Lots of beautiful sewing & stitching... well done...xox

Karen S said...

I am late catching up but am loving seeing those blocks. Yes, I recognise the lace. I am so pleased it has been useful to you. You have done well to catch up and be up to date. They look great.
I am also impressed with the needle turned block. It is gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>