Friday, July 10, 2020

Stitching ......

My little banner is growing... there is two of the bunny stitcheries so I did them in tandem since they were both using the same colour threads....


I rather like the bunny's expression...

The banner is by Natalie Bird and I purchased my pre-printed panel from The Quilters Angel (who have built up their on-line shop with the closing of their bricks and mortar storefront)

Next door building is making progress..... This is our view looking at the bird feeder..... 


there used to be a lovely tree with berries that the wild birds just loved just on the other side of the fence.... but the chainsaw won that round..... and now we have a view of the portaloo! (at least that is not permanent)

In fact every single tree was removed so the whole place could be flattened.... 


Yup... construction takes no sides with the environment.... chop all trees and leave your mess.....


we do have a good hedge between us and them except for this little spot which used to be filled with the lovely tree with the berries the birds like....

Last night I finished up this little stitchery.... it is one for my July instalment of Gail Pan's BOM 


Hair cut day today..... it's been a while and I look a bit like a shaggy dog..... I moved hairdresser about a year ago to a lovely young girl who didn't charge a fortune just for a trim which only lasts a few weeks.... she does a lovely cut, knows I like a short fringe and my ears covered..... but now she is stopping and going on a holiday.....  I'm very pleased for her but not for me!

I was still having problems with comments .... so I have reverted back to old blogger and reset all my settings... see if that works....

Righto, Gotto Go..... I want to quickly sew up a seam for a backing before I go for my beautification....

18 comments:

Julie said...

Gosh I love those bunnies Fiona. I did not know The Quilters Angel had closed their shop - their bricks & mortar shop. I went there once & just loved it & spent rather a bit too much !!!

Jane said...

that's a bit of a shock to the system having all those trees go. Hope you find something to fill the gap. Love the stitching, should be a lovely banner

Ondrea said...

I loooove your stitcheries and I agree with you about the bunny's expession. We have constant ongoing development around us since the marina was built. They completely destroyed all vegetation and even some wildlife. They also filled in the canal and man made another for the big keeled yachts! Keep smiling and stitching.

loulee said...

Your stitching is lovely.
I do hope the new neighbours replant when they finish building.
I know the frustration of finding just the right stylist.

Lin said...

Cute bunny stitcheries. Is the building site a new house? Changing hairdresser is always tricky isnt it. When we first came to France I went to Madame Mignon who was brilliant with the scissors - in fact when I went from bob to gamine she took the whole lot off with a razor and it needed hardly any trimming with scissors afterwards. Would not have let her anywhere near colour though - she was of advancing years with French red hair and a blond fringe! When she retired it took me ages to find another who could cut as well, fotunately I found her and am still with her. Hope you are happy with your cut. xx

Karen's Korner said...

Hopefully a few more trees will be planted once the building work is completed. Good luck with the new hairdresser....the story of my life - just get a good one and off they go.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona what a shame all the trees were gotten rid off,I hope they plant some more ,hope it won't block the view of your lovely mountain. Shame on the contractors leaving their rubbish behind. Oh wow I do love your bunting bunnies they are so darn cute ,glad you got your hair cut ,I got mine cut last Monday ,I was looking like a shaggy dog too lol. Stay safe my friend xx

Jennifer said...

Shame to lose your trees......does this mean you will have neighbours?

Louise said...

I'd love to have a proper haircut! But since I always use a different salon as we travel, it doesn't feel safe to be choosing yet another new stylist right now. Good thing DH does an OK job with the scissors! I love those cute little bunnies and the jar of heart-shaped flowers. So sweet :)

kiwikid said...

Your bunnies are very cute Fiona as is your flower stitchery. I hope the new people next door to you plant trees or at least shrubs once they are done with the building. Shame they couldn't work around the tree that was there. Always good to get a haircut, I had mine yesterday. It makes a difference to find a hairdresser who listens to what you like 😁.

Maria said...

Loving your cute bunnies with their sweet faces and also the jar with flowers...
It's sew annoying when all trees are removed , maybe you could plant a nice berry tree on your side of the fence where the space is?
Always nice to have your hair done but sad when a good hairdresser goes when you've just found her....
Hope old blogger worked...

Karen S said...

The bunnies are very sweet. And the next Gail Pan block looks great, too.
Shame about the trees on the fence line. When the frame goes up you can get an idea of where the windows are and if you need to get planting.

Kathleen said...

I hate seeing nature disturbed but remind myself that trees were cut to build my home. Hope you can plant things that make you feel good

Terry said...

Cute bunnies! And what a shame about the trees!

Michelle Ridgway said...

The bunnies are very cute! Yes shame when there is a blanket knock down rather than a more considered approach. I agree with Karen....see where the windows are going and get planting xx

Janice said...

It’s a shame you lost the tree next door. Fingers crossed they plant something green. What is it about builders they always leave a mess? It drives Mick up the wall, as he was always taught that, as a tradie, you always leave a worksite spotless. I love your latest Gail,Pan block. Such a sweet design, as are your bunnies.

Raewyn said...

Cute little stitcheries. What a shame about the section/trees next door. Hopefully they will do some more planting once the house is finished?

Susan said...

Sad to lose the tree and the view - I hope the new building is reasonably OK to look at and try green it up for you.
Good Luck with the hairdresser - mine is off having a baby - reaLly?? how darn inconsiderate . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>