Monday, January 22, 2018

a bit of this ... and a bit of that.....


I have continued with doing a bit of my tea quilt each day....

I cut my peepers and pressed them in half....


... and added them to each of the blocks.....

some of the teapots now have their spouts covered.... 

favourite ones do seem to get chipped!!! ....


... and 2 1/2 strips cut and ready to sew and slice so they become 9 patches....


I go to a monthly Thursday morning group and these sewing mice are my new project to take....  I didn't get a lot of stitching done, but I did get a bunch of threads I needed for it.... I could have adapted but it's so easy just doing what the pattern says - the hard work of deciding has already been done for me....



Friday Nights at The Quilters Angel gave me a chance to start on Flowerville.  I am doing each block in a variegated thread - so no changing of the colours in that one..


These will be long term projects ... I'm not going to rush either of them, but I like to have a range of different things on the go.... have you noticed????

Righto, Gotto Go... it's Monday again.... so work must happen....

I hope you all have an excellent week




24 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning Fiona,wow you have lots of beautiful projects on the go ,i love the teapot stitcheries ,well done my friend xx

Maria said...

Nice peepers ,LOL yes often favourite china gets chipped.
Both your hand stitching projects are lovely.
Always good when we don't need to think about colours. enjoy.

Jeanette said...

Nice peepers. Love your new projects. Hugs, xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Always good to have lots of projects on the go lol......Impossible not to! Happy Sewing Fiona and you have an excellent week too!

gracie said...

Very pretty.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Pretty stitchery china....going to be lovely. Some very nice projects on the go Fiona xx

Jane said...

love the the variegated thread, it's really pretty

Jennifer said...

I have seen many a chipped pot in my time......

Raewyn said...

I sure can relate about a variety of projects on the go....cant go getting bored now can we?! Your teacups are looking so pretty, the odd chip here and there is a good sign of love and use :-) Cute wee mice - I'm not even going to ask you about the design as I know I'll be tempted with them...! Love the thread you are using for FLowerville too.

kiwikid said...

The pots are looking great and it is always good to have many different projects on the go..can't have you getting bored!

marina said...

loving your work on your tea cups and pots, beautiful fabrics to showcase them too.
I like different projects too, keeps you enthused I think.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Massive wow again ❤️❤️

Janice said...

I love the colours you are using on your tea cups. And, you have to start ne2 projects to replace those you are finishing. You’d get bored otherwise.

Lin said...

Your tea blocks are looking great with their frames and you have two pretty new projects on the go. xx

Karen S said...

Looks like your daily 10 minutes is working for you.
And it also looks like lots of planning has been done for designated projects to take along to groups.
Lovely to have everything ready to go.

Anthea said...

Great work with the peepers & pots Fiona... can't wait to see how this comes together!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Beautifully done on the teacups - love them! Love your handwork projects as well. I've got two I've been working on for at least two years....maybe I'll finish this year???

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

They look so pretty with their peepers on! Looking forward to the next step - I love the colors of those nine patches! xx

Pidgeon Patch said...

love watching your tea cups and pots grow... see you soon...

Louise said...

Oo, I like the variegated thread! Looks very fancy yet you don't have to do as much work. What's not to like about that??

Chantal said...

I love to have a range of project on the go also. They allow me to sit at different place in the house depending on what I am working on. Sorry for the chipped tea pots. Love the mice. Enjoy the slow stitching. ;^)

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful border for your cups and I love how the variegated thread looks.

Debbie

Helen said...

I did notice but it makes reading your blog very interesting and watching your projects come together. Love the teapots and cups.

Chookyblue...... said...

The tea cups are coming along nicely...... Glad Friday night sewing is back.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>